Coronavirus Outbreak

@formerguest said in Coronavirus Outbreak:

@cochise said in Coronavirus Outbreak:

Victorian restrictions just announced, extremely tough.

There will be a night time curfew will be implemented across Melbourne from 8:00pm to 5:00am from tonight.

Melbourne residents will only be allowed to shop and exercise within 5km of their home.

All students across the state will return to home-based learning. Childcare will be closed.

Takeaway is allowed to be continued.

Regional Victoria will move to stage 3 restrictions from Thursday.

Good, though tough on whole because of the selfish few. They need to consider public shaming of the worst and/or serial lockdown offenders and passing stiffer penalties.

I don’t like public shaming.

Not a fan of it either, though if you are a serial offender at endangering life in a pandemic, you have lost the right to privacy.

Conversely, if one of those that have been left out of what should have been universal federal living payments, then their case rather than their name should be made public. I understand that there are supposed long overdue changes to this area that were called for back in March.

While I total condemn the behaviour of the 2 girls in Queensland who brought Covid back to that state, I feel the public outing and attack on those girls to be wrong. I have no problem with severe penalties against them but it turned into much more than that. Those 2 girls are 19 and I don’t like the way they are being attacked online and it actually creates are situation that puts them at risk of violence.

670 odd new cases and 7 more deaths. The Health system will not be able to cope. I feel sorry for the medical staff having to deal with this tsunami.

There will be a night time curfew will be implemented across Melbourne from 8:00pm to 5:00am from tonight.

Melbourne residents will only be allowed to shop and exercise within 5km of their home.

All students across the state will return to home-based learning. Childcare will be closed.

Good, though tough on whole because of the selfish few. They need to consider public shaming of the worst and/or serial lockdown offenders and passing stiffer penalties.

Not a fan of it either, though if you are a serial offender at endangering life in a pandemic, you have lost the right to privacy.

Conversely, if one of those that have been left out of what should have been universal federal living payments, then their case rather than their name should be made public. I understand that there are supposed long overdue changes to this area that were called for back in March.

While I total condemn the behaviour of the 2 girls in Queensland who brought Covid back to that state, I feel the public outing and attack on those girls to be wrong. I have no problem with severe penalties against them but it turned into much more than that. Those 2 girls are 19 and I don’t like the way they are being attacked online and it actually creates are situation that puts them at risk of violence.

Agreed and particularly via a private publication with pictures and felt sorry for them, but only until I was since informed that they had destroyed their phones so authorities couldn’t trace their movements.

Agreed and particularly via a private publication with pictures and felt sorry for them, but only until I was since informed that they had destroyed their phones so authorities couldn’t trace their movements.

So punish them, even jail them just don’t splash them across the front page of the paper like they did.

I agree with your views 99.99999999999% of the time Cochise, but in this case I have little sympathy for the pair. Their deliberate deception could end up killing people, and may jeopardise the livelihoods of many people in a state that had managed to keep covid out until they arrived. Their apparent links to organised crime and travelling to Sydney and Melbourne for the sole purpose of theft is the icing on the cake for me.

When it comes to covid I can forgive ignorance, but not deliberate deception.

@TillLindemann said in Coronavirus Outbreak:

I agree with your views 99.99999999999% of the time Cochise, but in this case I have little sympathy for the pair. Their deliberate deception could end up killing people, and may jeopardise the livelihoods of many people in a state that had managed to keep covid out until they arrived. Their apparent links to organised crime and travelling to Sydney and Melbourne for the sole purpose of theft is the icing on the cake for me.

When it comes to covid I can forgive ignorance, but not deliberate deception.

I have absolutely no problem and no real argument with people who disagree with me on this issue, I just abhor the stacks on mentality in society especially on social media. It just creates a situation that can destroy lives over bad and immature decisions, sure throw the book at them, put them in jail, whatever punishment you want to hand out. The stacks on mentality destroys lives and leads to mental health issues and suicide, it is not people on social media responsibility to punish these people, that is why we have police and courts, which also usually deals with these things once the emotion has been removed from the situation.

As I said anyone who feels differently I completely understand, this is just something I don’t like about our society at this point in time.

Public shaming opens up too many issues for me. It concerns me that it might unleash elements that are beyond the control of those doing the public shaming. It exposes wrongdoers to the actions of vigilantes and others that feel they are entitled to take the law into their own hands.
I understand the “feel good” factor of doing it but the outcomes may potentially be bad for us as a society.
I think they need to be harshly dealt with but I’m happy to leave that in the hands of our justice system.

@tigger said in Coronavirus Outbreak:

Public shaming opens up too many issues for me. It concerns me that it might unleash elements that are beyond the control of those doing the public shaming. It exposes wrongdoers to the actions of vigilantes and others that feel they are entitled to take the law into their own hands.
I understand the “feel good” factor of doing it but the outcomes may potentially be bad for us as a society.
I think they need to be harshly dealt with but I’m happy to leave that in the hands of our justice system.

Agreed mate, to me social media often creates a modern day lynch mob, every one picks up their pitchforks and attacks the person in the wrong. I just don’t see how that is helpful. Also has you said it can go a step further where people then take it to the next level and take the law into their own hands.

Top post mate.

Everyone get your torches!
20130307154237.jpg

last edited by cochise

@pawsandclaws1 said in Coronavirus Outbreak:

Papenhuysen!

Wrong thread, so I’ll just say he just outran covid19 😛

@pawsandclaws1 said in Coronavirus Outbreak:

Papenhuysen!

Do you think he is faster than Covid19?

Yes i agree, I haven’t seen or heard the Victorian truck driver, who brought it into NSW when he visited the Crossroads Hotel cop as much flak. Young women are easy targets for vile internet trolls.

@Spud_Murphy said in Coronavirus Outbreak:

Yes i agree, I haven’t seen or heard the Victorian truck driver, who brought it into NSW when he visited the Crossroads Hotel cop as much flak. Young women are easy targets for vile internet trolls.

I think their behaviour was a little bit more deliberate than his, but agree 100% with everything else mate.

If those two took off the layers of makeup they wouldn’t be recognised anyway.

@gallagher said in Coronavirus Outbreak:

If those two took off the layers of makeup they wouldn’t be recognised anyway.

That is funny

last edited by cochise

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.