Coronavirus Outbreak

In regard to the ladies in Qld,they deserve what ever punishment they have coming,they have put many people at risk unnecessarily …

Melb appears to be in all sorts atm…stage 4 restrictions about to happen…

@cochise said in Coronavirus Outbreak:

@gallagher said in Coronavirus Outbreak:

If those two took off the layers of makeup they wouldn’t be recognised anyway.

That is funny

It’s true. My sister in law cakes the stuff on and I knew her for about 6 years before I saw her make up less. Totally different face, I was gobsmacked.

That is funny

It’s true. My sister in law cakes the stuff on and I knew her for about 6 years before I saw her make up less. Totally different face, I was gobsmacked.

Does she have pneumatic lips 👄?

@hobbo1 said in Coronavirus Outbreak:

That is funny

The eyebrows are crazy. I swear she uses a permanent marker

That is funny

Give her my number 😂

That is funny

Give her my number 😂

Why would he do that…the minute your mask fell off she would crap herself…

I have no sympathy that the two girls were outed and splashed all over media. what is good for footballers is good for rest of society . Where is the outrage and sympathy when nrl players are caught during or news Corp using geographic lenses to get pic of Adam Elliott’s penis. Or splashing myth Pearce and monaghans dog play or carneys bubbler incident .
You can say these guys are in media spotlight but these girls allegedly did the wrong thing during a “pandemic” in which they have put lives at risk , forced possible closures of establishments , affected others livelihoods .
I didn’t have sympathy for Cleary, ado Carr and Mitchell when they were doing whatever whilst we were adhering to lockdown laws.

@Rugba said in Coronavirus Outbreak:

I have no sympathy that the two girls were outed and splashed all over media. what is good for footballers is good for rest of society . Where is the outrage and sympathy when nrl players are caught during or news Corp using geographic lenses to get pic of Adam Elliott’s penis. Or splashing myth Pearce and monaghans dog play or carneys bubbler incident .
You can say these guys are in media spotlight but these girls allegedly did the wrong thing during a “pandemic” in which they have put lives at risk , forced possible closures of establishments , affected others livelihoods .
I didn’t have sympathy for Cleary, ado Carr and Mitchell when they were doing whatever whilst we were adhering to lockdown laws.

Are these girls more entitled to their privacy after doing what they did than the rest of us to live as safely as we can?

They didn’t give two stuffs about the life threatening situations, and loss of businesses, that they are putting everyone else in…so why should people give any to them? Two ridiculously stupid girls and are now crying boo hoo…

@OzLuke said in Coronavirus Outbreak:

Are these girls more entitled to their privacy after doing what they did than the rest of us to live as safely as we can?

They didn’t give two stuffs about the life threatening situations, and loss of businesses, that they are putting everyone else in…so why should people give any to them? Two ridiculously stupid girls and are now crying boo hoo…

Im not defending the girls, just against the lynch mob mentality.

I have no sympathy whatsoever for these girls. throw the book at them. Jail them.

My commentary on this was in relation to their punishment being “public shaming”. That is, that our elected government should name and shame, not just these girls, but anyone found knowingly flouting the coronavirus rules. I don’t agree with that view. just let the justice system do its job.

I think the media organisations involved in exposing Adam Elliot (no pun intended), Pearce, Monaghan and Carney are garbage organisations. I don’t want our elected representatives to emulate that behaviour. They represent us and we’re better than that.

We spend a lot of time on this forum crapping on about how low the behaviour of media organisations are. So lets not hold them up as an example of how our governments should behave.

@Spud_Murphy said in Coronavirus Outbreak:

@formerguest said in Coronavirus Outbreak:

Victorian restrictions just announced, extremely tough.

There will be a night time curfew will be implemented across Melbourne from 8:00pm to 5:00am from tonight.

Melbourne residents will only be allowed to shop and exercise within 5km of their home.

All students across the state will return to home-based learning. Childcare will be closed.

Takeaway is allowed to be continued.

Regional Victoria will move to stage 3 restrictions from Thursday.

Good, though tough on whole because of the selfish few. They need to consider public shaming of the worst and/or serial lockdown offenders and passing stiffer penalties.

I don’t like public shaming.

Not a fan of it either, though if you are a serial offender at endangering life in a pandemic, you have lost the right to privacy.

Conversely, if one of those that have been left out of what should have been universal federal living payments, then their case rather than their name should be made public. I understand that there are supposed long overdue changes to this area that were called for back in March.

While I total condemn the behaviour of the 2 girls in Queensland who brought Covid back to that state, I feel the public outing and attack on those girls to be wrong. I have no problem with severe penalties against them but it turned into much more than that. Those 2 girls are 19 and I don’t like the way they are being attacked online and it actually creates are situation that puts them at risk of violence.

Yes i agree, I haven’t seen or heard the Victorian truck driver, who brought it into NSW when he visited the Crossroads Hotel cop as much flak. Young women are easy targets for vile internet trolls.

The difference is the truckie didn’t hide anything, and cooperated with authorities about everywhere he’d been (correct me if I’m wrong).

I don’t think it’s targeting women either - Latrell and JAC were splashed all over the news, weren’t they, for something that was dumb, but not on the same level.

I tend to oppose public shaming when it’s for someone having ‘incorrect’ or unpopular opinions, beliefs etc, ‘moral issues’ and so on. But for actual crimes, I don’t see why someone’s identity should be hidden.

And if shaming acts as a deterrent to John Citizen recklessly infecting and killing an innocent 80 year old, well, it’s served a purpose.

@TillLindemann said in Coronavirus Outbreak:

There will be a night time curfew will be implemented across Melbourne from 8:00pm to 5:00am from tonight.

Melbourne residents will only be allowed to shop and exercise within 5km of their home.

All students across the state will return to home-based learning. Childcare will be closed.

Good, though tough on whole because of the selfish few. They need to consider public shaming of the worst and/or serial lockdown offenders and passing stiffer penalties.

Not a fan of it either, though if you are a serial offender at endangering life in a pandemic, you have lost the right to privacy.

Conversely, if one of those that have been left out of what should have been universal federal living payments, then their case rather than their name should be made public. I understand that there are supposed long overdue changes to this area that were called for back in March.

While I total condemn the behaviour of the 2 girls in Queensland who brought Covid back to that state, I feel the public outing and attack on those girls to be wrong. I have no problem with severe penalties against them but it turned into much more than that. Those 2 girls are 19 and I don’t like the way they are being attacked online and it actually creates are situation that puts them at risk of violence.

Yes i agree, I haven’t seen or heard the Victorian truck driver, who brought it into NSW when he visited the Crossroads Hotel cop as much flak. Young women are easy targets for vile internet trolls.

The difference is the truckie didn’t hide anything, and cooperated with authorities about everywhere he’d been (correct me if I’m wrong).

I don’t think it’s targeting women either - Latrell and JAC were splashed all over the news, weren’t they, for something that was dumb, but not on the same level.

I tend to oppose public shaming when it’s for someone having ‘incorrect’ or unpopular opinions, beliefs etc, ‘moral issues’ and so on. But for actual crimes, I don’t see why someone’s identity should be hidden.

And if shaming acts as a deterrent to John Citizen recklessly infecting and killing an innocent 80 year old, well, it’s served a purpose.

But are we talking here about the media reporting on something and naming the individuals involved or are we talking about the punishment of public shaming.

the initial post on this aspect was that the punishment for those who flout coronavirus restrictions should be public shaming. That is, that the authorities should publicly name and shame them.

that’s different to the media just reporting on high profile cases.

What if it acts as an ignition for someone to take matters into their own hands, what if the reports are wrong, I guess we are no longer innocent until proven guilty in this country?

@tigger said in Coronavirus Outbreak:

But are we talking here about the media reporting on something and naming the individuals involved or are we talking about the punishment of public shaming.

the initial post on this aspect was that the punishment for those who flout coronavirus restrictions should be public shaming. That is, that the authorities should publicly name and shame them.

that’s different to the media just reporting on high profile cases.

These girls have also been judged, condemned and punished by the public before they have had the right to defend themselves. That is not right.

last edited by cochise

#wearinthistogether

Mask yourself.
Simple.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.