Lei-Lei-Uma Train

I don’t think I’ve been more excited for the start of a season in a long time with the thought of the two Leilua boys playing alongside each other with Nofa sitting outside them.

The brothers are both beasts that will have opposition teams in two minds every time the ball comes their way, both are capable of scoring a great try on their own. Then add Nofa into the mix who is an outstanding finisher and we have an extremely potent attacking edge.

I know there’s some concern with their combination in defence but if they can get that under control then the points scored by that edge will far outweigh points against them.

Obviously this is making the assumption they all line up on the same side but if they do it’s potentially a devastating attacking edge!!!

I’m looking forward to the sight of a very big fast aggressive Joey L bearing down on Turnstile Mitch when we play the Slimeys!

@beachtiger said in Lei-Lei-Uma Train:

I don’t think I’ve been more excited for the start of a season in a long time with the thought of the two Leilua boys playing alongside each other with Nofa sitting outside them.

The brothers are both beasts that will have opposition teams in two minds every time the ball comes their way, both are capable of scoring a great try on their own. Then add Nofa into the mix who is an outstanding finisher and we have an extremely potent attacking edge.

I know there’s some concern with their combination in defence but if they can get that under control then the points scored by that edge will far outweigh points against them.

Obviously this is making the assumption they all line up on the same side but if they do it’s potentially a devastating attacking edge!!!

They will be lining up on the same side.

Going to be fan favourites for sure

Concerns are defence and also the lack of pace in the backline except for Brooks and Benji. We failed to recruit successfully for pace.

I came up with Leiluma 1st

@Geo said in Lei-Lei-Uma Train:

U didn’t patent it…

@pawsandclaws1 said in Lei-Lei-Uma Train:

Concerns are defence and also the lack of pace in the backline except for Brooks and Benji. We failed to recruit successfully for pace.

I wouldn’t say Benji has speed anymore. Not enough anyway to warrant suggesting it.

Brooks would definitely be our quickest backline player.

That right side will be the go to side when near the try line, but we will have Garner running good lines off Brooks on the left also. Just some real options both sides of the ruck. Agreed, much more excited then i was a few weeks ago

@Roar_Power said in Lei-Lei-Uma Train:

I wouldn’t say Benji has speed anymore. Not enough anyway to warrant suggesting it.

I remember Mbye at the dogs running someone down from an impossible position thinking I’d never seen anyone so fast. I think he might be faster than Brooks.

We haven’t recruited NRL proven pacy backs, but as you know we have several in the lower grades so not buying externally could allow us to promote internally…

@balmain-boy said in Lei-Lei-Uma Train:

We haven’t recruited NRL proven pacy backs, but as you know we have several in the lower grades so not buying externally could allow us to promote internally…

Who are the guys with speed in the lower grades? Would like to track them this season.

@tigerballs said in Lei-Lei-Uma Train:

@Roar_Power said in Lei-Lei-Uma Train:

I remember Mbye at the dogs running someone down from an impossible position thinking I’d never seen anyone so fast. I think he might be faster than Brooks.

Mbye has pace for sure, think he was slower last year due to his injury. Benji looked pretty quick over short distances by the end of last year, Brooks is a flyer but our other centres and wingers aren’t exactly quick. Close to the tryline they’re a problem though, especially that right side

@Geo said in Lei-Lei-Uma Train:

Proof please

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.