Phil Gould is becoming a player agent.

When it comes to motivation, there is no one better and his clients will get the benefit of that."
Weidler claims that Gould wants his player agency to do things “differently”, and he will not be restricted to just having rugby league players on his books, with other athletes, celebrities and media figures also targeted.
Is this a good career move by the ex Blues Coach?
What do you think?

Whatever gets the j**k out of the commentary box.

Great career move -anything to get this drone off the commentary team at Nine. Interested to see his 5 year plan for recruits.Might be able to get Rabs a gig doing the job he does best-calling the greyhounds.

If I was a young footballer I would be first in line…

He’ll be no different to the others. But anything that gets Orr, Moses and Ayoub offside is alright by me.

Too many allegiances to clubs and people in the game. He has his favourites and the influence he would have should he attract the best players, could be the difference in a club being successful and not.
Lots of red flags for me.

@Telltails said in Phil Gould is becoming a player agent.:

Too many allegiances to clubs and people in the game. He has his favourites and the influence he would have should he attract the best players, could be the difference in a club being successful and not.

no different to the current batch of agents, they all have clubs they prefer to do business with.

14627d4b-6f55-4c7d-83dc-200e6625cfe8-image.png

Interesting move.

The bloke has an ego as big as his head but I reckon he has a genuine love for footy and will want to do what’s best for players.

Even if he scoops up a quarter of NRL contracts, that’s a pretty sweet business to send him into retirement.

Reserve judgement until we see who is in his “team” and who his backers are.

Gould has never been accused of being stupid. If he reckons there is a business there for him, then I would bet he already has several players lined up.
He would have to be better than the majority of scumbags that presently fulfil the role of player manager.

Just another agent in Politis’s pocket.

Isn’t that the very thing that would attract players to his organisation?

@yeti said in Phil Gould is becoming a player agent.:

Gould has never been accused of being stupid. If he reckons there is a business there for him, then I would bet he already has several players lined up.
He would have to be better than the majority of scumbags that presently fulfil the role of player manager.

Agree. He starts in April. The same could be said about Braith?

be interesting to see if he pushes people towards panthers or roosters

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.