NRL Nines 2020...*Live Thread

@nrlsurvivor said in NRL Nines 2020...*Live Thread:

James Hooper
There was better news for Michael Maguire, however. The Tigers coach reckons his heart skipped a beat when Paul Momirovski’s knee got twisted and the centre came buckling out of a tackle.
Momirovski told Maguire afterwards he was good to go for tomorrow’s second day of the Perth Nines.
The question the Wests Tigers now really want answered is where is the Momirovski-Harry Grant exchange deal with the Melbourne Storm up to?
And the answer is we should get a clearer picture in the next 72 hours once the Melbourne Storm make their next move.
The exchange deal for Momirovski to go to Melbourne Storm for this season and young gun Harry Grant to become the Wests Tigers hooker looked all sewn up bar the shouting.
READ MORE NRL
5 DRIVES: Why a new Perth team can work in NRL
‘I’M NOT A BAD PERSON’: Curtis Scott breaks silence
FROM BALL BOY TO NRL: The Bulldogs’ blood is as blue as they come
The paperwork has been submitted to the NRL.
> Trouble is, the Storm made a miscalculation in relation to their salary cap and as it sits right at the moment they can’t quite fit him in. It’s believed that the move would put the Storm club over the cap by as little as $15,000.
The Tigers need an answer by Monday or Tuesday next week because if it’s not happening then captain Moses Mbye needs to start training at hooker.
Mbye has spent some time in at dummy-half over the summer but if the Grant deal’s off, he’s the Tigers No. 9 for round one.

Not the first time that’s happened

He will start in reggies, he might make his way back into the team over the year, but he’s not getting a start or a bench spot

@AnnandaleTiger said in NRL Nines 2020...*Live Thread:

He will start in reggies, he might make his way back into the team over the year, but he’s not getting a start or a bench spot

Are you Madge ?

Jennings, momo, Corey or nofo. I know who I am taking

@Tiger_Steve said in NRL Nines 2020...*Live Thread:

@hsvjones said in NRL Nines 2020...*Live Thread:

On a side note Cory Thompson looked excellent and is a must in the team…

Agree. But where?

Wing for me… He is just a competitor that fights for everything and you know what you get from him week in week out.

@Tiger_Steve said in NRL Nines 2020...*Live Thread:

On a side note Cory Thompson looked excellent and is a must in the team…

Agree. But where?

Wing for me… He is just a competitor that fights for everything and you know what you get from him week in week out.

Yep - it’s hard. I’ll get caned for this but I still reckon Jennings offers something. I agree with others that Momirovski has a real footy brain and can find the line. Talau has speed. Mbye and Leilua are set for centres. So if momirovski stays he may go to centre and Mbye to hooker. But whether Corey gets the wing spot - I really don’t know

I thought Jennings looked good tonight

Great thing about tonight is we looked cohesive as a team and you’d say most of our round 1 team were watching from Sydney.

Compare that to a few other clubs and it was good to see.

Walters looked much better than Reynolds as a back-up 6 or 9. Tackled ok, very evasive and ok with the ball. Reynolds looks and plays like Zed from police academy in comparison.

@avocadoontoast said in NRL Nines 2020...*Live Thread:

For 20 meters …
Still a plodder …worst of the Jennings boys for sure .

@hobbo1 said in NRL Nines 2020...*Live Thread:

@avocadoontoast said in NRL Nines 2020...*Live Thread:

For 20 meters …
Still a plodder …worst of the Jennings boys for sure .

But what a 20 metres it was!

Jennings does look much fitter than last year and has gained some extra pace because of it. Hopefully he kicks on this year and can turn some opinions around.

I know this is a rubbish format, but Thompson showed why he’s gotta be in there somewhere. All heart.

Thought thommo looked great tonight, has clearly been working on his ball playing. Momo looks the goods as well accelerating faster imo same with Jennings, although I till feel momo lacks maturity with it comes to decision making as seen by that bombed try when he cut out the centre…but is most definitely a player on the up…tbh nofo disappointed me, don’t get me wrong I love the guy and have always supported him but feel with the likes of BJ, Mbye, momo, Jennings, Talau and thommo he may not be in the team come round 1…he’s great but just can’t seem to go for the full game time imo…looked gassed…also I was very impressed with madden and Walters same with mikaele

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.