TODDY ON SHAKEY GROUND

Andrew Webster on the Big Sports Breakfast this morning saying the failure to resign and the dragging on of the process shows not is all well in NRL land

He will talk to his partners at the rorters souffs and donkeys and voila all will be good again

The sooner he leaves the better…worst Administrator the NRL has had

@tigerap said in TODDY ON SHAKEY GROUND:

It will be a big call by PVL if TODDY is not reappointed a few people will sit up and take notice.

@Elderslie_Tiger said in TODDY ON SHAKEY GROUND:

It will be a big call by PVL if TODDY is not reappointed a few people will sit up and take notice.

Let’s hope that is the case, the sooner he is gone the better for the game, maybe not easts, souths and Brisbane, but most everyone else

One can only hope he isn’t given an extension

Reading one of the other threads apparently the game made a $30m profit from a year that turned over $500m in revenue. Assuming that’s all revenue inclusive of broadcasting agreements, merchandising, ticketing and memberships, a 6% profit margin is abhorrent.

he recently invested 10mil into grassroots footy

You would imagine he is just a puppet for a few power brokers, so they will be the ones who either flick him or keep him.
He would have been flicked a long time ago if it was based on performance

I want to be at League Central watching as the door slams into his backside on his way out.

I wouldn’t read anything into it. If Webster is making comment simply because a deal hasn’t been done yet, then he’s really just looking for comments to make.

Nobody knows exactly how V’landys is going to operate as ARLC Chair nor what targets he has set for the NRL CEO to keep his job. Nobody really knows what V’landys thinks about Greenberg either, and V’landys isn’t dumb enough to make his private thoughts public.

Also, who cares? The NRL CEO operates at the behest and direction of the ARLC, so you can change the CEO all you like, but it’s still the ARLC calling the shots. What difference does it make to the everyday Joe if it’s Gallop or Greeberg or Dave Smith?

Yes it truly amazes me that he has lasted so long in this position, I don’t think anyone thinks he has done a good job.

@TheDaBoss said in TODDY ON SHAKEY GROUND:

he recently invested 10mil into grassroots footy

And yet Group 3 have to foot the bill for all transport, accommodation and ancillaries for Canterbury and Raiders trial at Port Macquarie. They want the game to flourish in the bush yet they make an organisation that is struggling for funds to carry the can. Thats money that won’t go back in to the local country comp.

👎

@jirskyr said in TODDY ON SHAKEY GROUND:

I wouldn’t read anything into it. If Webster is making comment simply because a deal hasn’t been done yet, then he’s really just looking for comments to make.

Nobody knows exactly how V’landys is going to operate as ARLC Chair nor what targets he has set for the NRL CEO to keep his job. Nobody really knows what V’landys thinks about Greenberg either, and V’landys isn’t dumb enough to make his private thoughts public.

Also, who cares? The NRL CEO operates at the behest and direction of the ARLC, so you can change the CEO all you like, but it’s still the ARLC calling the shots. What difference does it make to the everyday Joe if it’s Gallop or Greeberg or Dave Smith?

Last year Greenberg, through the refs boss, mandated that refs were to clean up the ruck. Penalties galore ensued. Media carried on like fools resulting in Greenburg criticising refs. He through them under the bus when they were just doing as instructed. One example off the top of my head where he stuffed up a directive he probably got from the commission.
Appreciate your point and largely agree but he does not appear to be an effective leader to me.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.