NRL Simply the Best 2020..

Pretty good…too much Cammy tho…

Causing some controversy on socials in relation to highlighting the divide on a few issues

Decent…

Nostalgia card.

I don’t like it. Comes across as a disingenuous attempt to cater to every PC group. Maybe I’m out of touch…

Not impressed to be honest.The aim of it is to highlight the NRL and the pleasure it brings to so many people yet it fails.
One of the issues that the NRL should be proud of is the womens game is in its infancy but enjoyable to watch and hopefully more teams will be added to the comp.However instead of a football clip it shows 2 women kissing after a SOO game instead of some of the game itself.
It should have been a lot better especially using T.Turner as the vocal background and then a younger child.

It’s the NRL … not the SJW.
Too bad the lefty boneheads who make ads now (or the lefty boneheads from the NRL advising them) had to insert pointed references to both Aboriginals and the LGBTQ movement… because they were scared not to.
It didn’t really need to be pushed here.
Next ad will start with an acknowledgment of traditional owners and end with a rainbow.

last edited by cktiger

I liked it. I think people are ooking too hard for something not to like.

Did they even have an ad last year?

A definite improvement in any case

Did not think we needed LM standing, looking out with an aboriginal flag draped over him.

This is a football ad, not a political statement - one day they will get it right.

Cam as a kid …didn’t need it.

@Russell said in NRL Simply the Best 2020..:

Did not think we needed LM standing, looking out with an aboriginal flag draped over him.

This is a football ad, not a political statement - one day they will get it right.

Cam as a kid …didn’t need it.

It’s his flag representing his people. Bet you wouldn’t have an issue if Liddle was there draped in the Australian flag.

Why oh why do they have to sexualise a professional sport commercial of all things is beyond me …I think it would be more profound if it was 2 guys in masculine sport like this…Other then the token PC thing, not bad.

Good ad. Everyone thinking they’re trying to politicise it are wrong - they’re merely showing the game can be for everyone. Stop being offended by minor things and enjoy the footy - it’s only an ad after all.

@Tigerlily said in NRL Simply the Best 2020..:

Why oh why do they have to sexualise a professional sport commercial of all things is beyond me …I think it would be more profound if it was 2 guys in masculine sport like this…Other then the token PC thing, not bad.

They could have shown Wally kissing Alfie but there was no passion in that. But for now I’m happy with just the two girls kissing. 😂

😂

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.