Garner determined to lock down starting spot

Garner determined to lock down starting spot
Author
Michael Algeri
Wests Tigers Contributor
Timestamp
Thu 12 Mar 2020, 04:13 PM

After a breakout 2019 season and a strong pre-season campaign under his belt, Wests Tigers forward Luke Garner is determined to lock down a starting spot in an ever-improving forward pack.

And while a new-look right edge with new recruits Joey and Luciano Leilua have taken up most of the headlines this pre-season, Garner believes that the left edge is equally as lethal — especially with the arrival of Adam Doueihi.

“We’ve done enough work to make a strong team,” Garner enthused.

“Each edge and the middle are all really strong, I think. I really think we’ve got a strong team this year.

"Just to hold that starting spot is my goal for the year.

“Obviously everyone’s goal at some point is to play representative footy, so whether that’s this year or not, that’s definitely a goal. But it’s just about this year for me and doing my job for this team.”

“I think the trials have been about building combinations. We’ve done the work, we’ve done the fitness, we’ve done the ball-work up until this point so now it’s just about strengthening those combinations going into the season."

Garner’s Wests Tigers kick off their 2020 season this Sunday at 6:15pm AEDT at WIN Stadium, Wollongong when they take on the St. George-Illawarra Dragons

Whilst I really like the look of our right edge and how it develops, I do enjoy watching Garner play as he knows how to run a great line so I’m looking forward to seeing how he develops this year with Brooks.

He’s got the makings of a very good second rower.
We

It looks like we may have a team of BELIEVERS and everyone has their oars in the water this year well done MADGE

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.