We survived...it all...!

Before this season you look and think:

Cory errors at FB will cost us a complete game on their own. It happened. TWO tries.

BJ’s fitness will take a while and may cost a game:it happened… they slaughtered his edge for two certain tries…and somehow messed them both up.

Jennings lack of class will cost us: it happened…easy finish and a hard one…one badly bombed. Top class wingers get both.

Walters lack of game management at 9: It happened…Great game, tried hard, great D…but two bad drops and two horrible passes from dummy half. 80 mins for him at this stage was likely to cost us a game.

I mean to say fellas, it ALL happened…and we won!

These games are season defining. Tigers!

👍

Yup

Good summary

Walters and BJ issues can be fixed, Walters just needs nor experience at 9 and BJ will keep putting on the hardyards…

J rey was not bad, bench for me

Nofozilla

@TheDaBoss said in We survived...it all...!:

Yup

Good summary

Walters and BJ issues can be fixed, Walters just needs nor experience at 9 and BJ will keep putting on the hardyards…

Nofozilla

It can only get better DEFENCE wins game and Madge has them well trained in that act will come on the back of defence

@Elderslie_Tiger said in We survived...it all...!:

@TheDaBoss said in We survived...it all...!:

Yup

Good summary

Nofozilla

It can only get better DEFENCE wins game and Madge has them well trained in that act will come on the back of defence

The D massively improved last year…and was great today. The pack is also SO much bigger and mobile than normal Tiger packs.

Madge’s trademarks.

👍

Newcastle played great yesterday.

Big challenge

We will need to be much macg better to come near a win.

Saints were woeful, remember 1 freak penalty try and the other of a droped ball.

@Spartan117 said in We survived...it all...!:

Newcastle played great yesterday.

Big challenge

We will need to be much macg better to come near a win.

Saints were woeful, remember 1 freak penalty try and the other of a droped ball.

Newcastle played NZ, who are quite possibly worse than Saints.
We are a great chance of beating Newcastle.

👍

I don’t think it was so much us finding a way to win as the Dragons found a way to lose.

There were lots of positives but there is also a lot to correct or we’ll get touched up next week.

@Bones said in We survived...it all...!:

I don’t think it was so much us finding a way to win as the Dragons found a way to lose.

There were lots of positives but there is also a lot to correct or we’ll get touched up next week.

Yeah I tend to agree more with this. Some really good signs, but we should have lost that game. If the Dragons don’t miss a couple of absolute sitters of opportunities then we were in trouble.

Although the Dragons butchered a win, the right team won. I thought we outplayed them by some distance especially in the forwards. Be interesting if Grant turns up what the team line up will look like.
Anyway fingers crossed we get to play next week

@Sco77y said in We survived...it all...!:

Yeah I tend to agree more with this. Some really good signs, but we should have lost that game. If the Dragons don’t miss a couple of absolute sitters of opportunities then we were in trouble.

Maybe if that poor excuse for a footballer, we have on the left wing, can catch and hold a ball, that would have negated a couple of the opposition missed chances.

last edited by Russell
👍

@Russell said in We survived...it all...!:

Maybe if that poor excuse for a footballer, we have on the left wing, can catch and hold a ball, that would have negated a couple of the opposition missed chances.

Maybe but it’s more about the fact we gave them chances.

We made a lot of stupid errors and put ourselves under more pressure than we needed to be. The way the Dragons opened us up a number of times despite having no ball In the second half is still a worry.

I think you’ll find the wing position will change once Mbye or Momirovski are fit/available anyhow.

We made a lot of stupid errors and put ourselves under more pressure than we needed to be. The way the Dragons opened us up a number of times despite having no ball In the second half is still a worry.

I think you’ll find the wing position will change once Mbye or Momirovski are fit/available anyhow.

A couple of really bad miss tackes by Benji late has me wondering if he has 80 mins in him.

last edited by gallagher

@gallagher said in We survived...it all...!:

A couple of really bad miss tackes by Benji late has me wondering if he has 80 mins in him.

That is a fair comment and with better execution in the last 10 minutes dragons score twice going through Benjis position.He is still a gifted player and was magnificent yesterday but age has slowed him down, he needs a minder in defence

@jadtiger said in We survived...it all...!:

That is a fair comment and with better execution in the last 10 minutes dragons score twice going through Benjis position.He is still a gifted player and was magnificent yesterday but age has slowed him down, he needs a minder in defence

He shouldn’t have been left 1-on-1 with Frizell. Tough for anyone!

@hammertime said in We survived...it all...!:

@jadtiger said in We survived...it all...!:

He shouldn’t have been left 1-on-1 with Frizell. Tough for anyone!

That’s true but both attempts were very weak, shirt grabbers.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.