Forward Grunt

Musgrove and Mikaele, these two forwards are going to take us into the finals, the forward pack is showing skill and fitness but these two guys are going to inject what we’ve lacked for years ‘Mongrel’ As blocker said every successful teams has at least one, we have potentially two.

Mikaele is looking huge this year, massive tree trunks.

Our pack is pretty well rounded
First time in years we can actually put a dent in other teams line
But as you said,these two lads pack a serious punch.as does Josh Aloiai!and Twal looks bigger and stronger than ever before
Once our second rowers start clicking with our halves we will really do some damage.
Still a player away from having an elite pack however this pack can definitely take us to the finals 🔥

All of a sudden, Musgrove seems to have exited the ‘mongrel’ discussions.

@Roar_Power said in Forward Grunt:

All of a sudden, Musgrove seems to have exited the ‘mongrel’ discussions.

I was definitely critical of him.silly considering how young he was.
Only early,but he looked awesome on Sunday 😎

Once they learn to hunt as a pack we are going to have an effective unit. I thought the dynamic changed once the second prop rotation happened and we played through the middle a bit more.

Id like to see BJ first hit up followed by alioi, twal and mikaele, then turn one of the backrowers through the middle or hit an edge, then run or kick play option on last

There are plenty of reasons to be optimistic and the boys showed plenty of aggression. History shows that the difficult part for younger packs is to be able to get up for the challenge 3 out of 4 weeks across a very long season, once the grind and injuries start to play a part. That’s the unresolved question I have in my mind.

Our forward packed is the strongest we’ve fielded in a long time. Bent the line made good metres tackled hard and provides quick play the balls.

Main issue with our forwards is depth, two injuries there and all of a sudden it’s Clark and Eisenhuth playing who don’t really have the impact of our first grade props.

Takes me back to the days when some other big boppers came off our bench, ie Martin Taupau and James Gavet.
Forwards are where it all starts!

@tiger_one said in Forward Grunt:

Takes me back to the days when some other big boppers came off our bench, ie Martin Taupau and James Gavet.
Forwards are where it all starts!

It does remind me in some ways of the pack Potter was putting together and we have better backs now

Im not so sure guys.

These guys are the framework of a good pack in the coming years however theyre a few levels below what we need.

The dragons fwds were incoherent on the weekend buts some of their touches and lines were super classy.

The vision of sone of the Broncos fwds who are the same age…ish are similar in quality.

Theres plenty to like about Aloai, twal, garner, musg, michale and soon Stephan xyz in the coming seasons.

The forward pack seems to have something that we’ve lacked for nearly 10 years - speed.

Luciano’s speed and footwork caused huge headaches for the Dragons and even fellas like Mikaele and Aloiai seem to have gained a metre or two of speed and were creating space with some quick play the balls.

I’m not going to pick on ex-players but the pack seems to be a lot stronger than what Ivan Cleary put together.

@tigersteve said in Forward Grunt:

Musgrove and Mikaele, these two forwards are going to take us into the finals, the forward pack is showing skill and fitness but these two guys are going to inject what we’ve lacked for years ‘Mongrel’ As blocker said every successful teams has at least one, we have potentially two.

Very true and 2021 we will have three with our big kid from Parra

If Packer can get through his rehab ok and get back to something like his best form, we will be even more formidable

@tigersteve said in Forward Grunt:

If those two bring the mongrel then Twal brings the class and hard work

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme