Stats and footy speak

I dont know what It is, but why the increase in quoting stats such as post contact metres, times over 20m, g-force wangleschmits, blah blah blah.

Especially you young uns…

Concentrate on this. Rugby league is the simplest game of all. Run hard, tackle hard. Leave all the cool talk and wank words to the first grade coaches. Youre not impressing anyone, and most of what you quote only means something in context with other things.

Rant over.

@Swordy said in Stats and footy speak:

I dont know what It is, but why the increase in quoting stats such as post contact metres, times over 20m, g-force wangleschmits, blah blah blah.

Concentrate on this. Rugby league is the simplest game of all. Run hard, tackle hard. Leave all the cool talk and wank words to the first grade coaches. Youre not impressing anyone, and most of what you quote only means something in context with other things.

Rant over.

You talkin’, to me… ?

Swordy what percentage of your posts attract 4 men?

G-force Wangleschmits: an absolute must have in the vocabulary of any dignified footy fan. The lower the better in terms of Plodder Factory

Agree Swordy. It is just another example of the pitiful way Aussies follow American example.
Deeeeeefence.
Can’t stand it either.
Ben Ikin I think started the rubbish stat of “possessions” in the NRL to describe how many times a playmaker has touched the ball.

@Fade-To-Black said in Stats and footy speak:

Agree Swordy. It is just another example of the pitiful way Aussies follow American example.
Deeeeeefence.
Can’t stand it either.
Ben Ikin I think started the rubbish stat of “possessions” in the NRL to describe how many times a playmaker has touched the ball.

NFL sux, IMO, compared to humble rugby league, I think PCM are actually somewhat important.

On all other points, I’d concur, ‘Americanisation’.

Deeeeeefence.
Can’t stand it either.

Been round for years …Darren Lockyer broke the record for most possessions in the Suncorp game v WT’s in 2006 …which from memory we won 20-6

@Swordy said in Stats and footy speak:

Rant over.

But are you talking about everything …talking about slide defence everything …sometimes it is the easiest way to explain stuff

@happy_tiger said in Stats and footy speak:

Deeeeeefence.
Can’t stand it either.

Been round for years …Darren Lockyer broke the record for most possessions in the Suncorp game v WT’s in 2006 …which from memory we won 20-6

Wow I must’ve been young, but remember it!!

Been drinking mate?

Deeeeeefence.
Can’t stand it either.

Few on here do it too. Can’t stand it

I hate hearing about the A and B defenders.

@GNR4LIFE said in Stats and footy speak:

I hate hearing about the A and B defenders.

Block plays!
I preferred ‘blocker’ plays. Usually meant someone got hit

Scoreboard is the only stat that matters

Analytics is the new black…

Still yet to hear someone give a clear definition of the great buzz word 'Game Management"

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.