Tigers vs Warriors - Round 4

What is going to happen here? I realise there is alot that can happen before then…

But its two weeks away and we can’t enter New Zealand. If they go home after this week or next week, they need a two week isolation, meaning they wont be eligible to play that game anyway.

Do you think they will stay in OZ for another two weeks?

They aren’t going home. If they did though, obviously the game would be off.

I think the best course of action as far as the Warriors is concerned is for the club to stay here, and rotate players, coming and going from NZ. 2 went home this week, Herbert and Hiku. So you bring others over to replace them, or they loan players from CC. I’m sure the NRL would give them dispensation. They should anyway.

Travel to NZ is now banned for non-NZ citizens and residents. All games in NZ will have to be moved to Australia until the travel ban is lifted. If the Warriors go home, their season is over.

They will loan players from other clubs if need be …all games can only be played in Australia

Should we offer them Campbelltown ?? I imagine they will choose Qld at this stage

If we make it past round 5 without a player getting coronavirus it’s a miracle …why can’t they stay out of trouble in an off season then

last edited by happy_tiger

4 injured players who didn’t travel for round 1 have now flown over and went into isolation for 14 days and will be right to play after their 14 days, they have also been given permission to use their development players.

@Kazoo-Kid said in Tigers vs Warriors - Round 4:

Travel to NZ is now banned for non-NZ citizens and residents. All games in NZ will have to be moved to Australia until the travel ban is lifted. If the Warriors go home, their season is over.

So they can go home and come here . Say 3 guys get homesick or injured , you replace them as they are aloud to leave , and the 3 going home stay there for 14 days. Just gotta be selective who you chose . They should be alright .

NRL announces ‘self-isolation program’ to minimise player risk

NRL.com Reporter
Thu 19 Mar 2020, 05:35 PM
Alicia Newton
Share on social media

The NRL is set to introduce a “self-isolation program” for players in a bid to ensure safety measures are met during the global coronavirus pandemic. After the ARL Commission met at Rugby League Central on Thursday, chairman Peter V’landys and NRL CEO Todd Greenberg announced players would be briefed on plans to reduce the risk of a player contracting the virus throughout the season.

As part of the new match-day procedures finalised in conjunction with the Rugby League Players Association, there will only be essential interaction between players and the general community.
“The details of the program will be worked out with the clubs and players taking into account the expert advice,” V’landys said."There’s only going to be essential interaction with our players and the general community.Why Bennett wants games to go onWhy Bennett wants games to go on
Why Bennett wants games to go onWhy Bennett wants games to go on
"Any non-essential contact will be reduced. The detail will be worked out so they are aware of their responsibilities."V’landys said the NRL would continue to explore every option in the wake of the global issue because “the whole survival of our game is at risk”.However, he reiterated the safety of the game’s players and staff remained a high priority.

“The best advice we have received is that we can continue to play and we can continue until another contingency is encountered,” V’landys said."In order to have the game viable we need to play every game, the finals series and the State of Origin series. “That is our second objective and all players are on side with that, we need to see the season out.”

@Strongee said in Tigers vs Warriors - Round 4:

So they can go home and come here . Say 3 guys get homesick or injured , you replace them as they are aloud to leave , and the 3 going home stay there for 14 days. Just gotta be selective who you chose . They should be alright .

I don’t think so with the new border closures announced today. Once they go back to NZ they will only be allowed back in to Australia if they are a national or resident.

@diedpretty said in Tigers vs Warriors - Round 4:

I don’t think so with the new border closures announced today. Once they go back to NZ they will only be allowed back in to Australia if they are a national or resident.

Yep, anyone, including their loved ones not in by 9pm AEST tomorrow is not getting in for a while.

Who knows how long the game can carry on this season, but I thank the Warrior players for their assistance in keeping the competition going for us. Without them BJ would likely already going to be out of pocket when his next payment is due.

last edited by formerguest

@happy_tiger said in Tigers vs Warriors - Round 4:

They will loan players from other clubs if need be …all games can only be played in Australia

Should we offer them Campbelltown ?? I imagine they will choose Qld at this stage

If we make it past round 5 without a player getting coronavirus it’s a miracle …why can’t they stay out of trouble in an off season then

They are based in Kingscliff and will play their home games at CBUS

I think the warriors are will end up as a shell of a team with a few Reserve graders and development players from around the league by round 5 or 6. They will hang around but will just be a jersey this year

Massive sacrifice from the Warriors… Kudos to them.
Huge disadvantage but we are all now disadvantaged I guess

There is now a travel ban on NZ passport holders entering AUS. After 20 March 9.30pm, those NZ passport holders won’t be allowed in.

Looks like we will have a real National Rugby League- not the International one we have now. Bad luck, leave them out altogether and bring in another Australian team next year.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.