Loaning players to Warriors?

It seems the NRL will allow players from other clubs to play for the NZ warriors this year on loan deals, wonder if we could send anyone there that we want to get first grade time who might not play much for us this year?

With Reserve Grade cancelled it’s not a bad way to keep players fit as some of these ‘loans’ may only be a handful of games. Maybe someone like Talau could benefit from it.

👍

Wonder if there would be restrictions on your own playing against you? Wouldn’t want to loan them Talau (using your example) and he scores a couple on us. Also wouldn’t want him going less than 100%. Tricky situation.

I was thinking Talau to but if Momo heads South it might leave us short. Certainly a good way of keeping the Warriors competitive and give some fringe players exposure to the big time

I can see it now…Parramatta on good faith loan the Warriors Stefano Utoikamanu…

@Tigerlily said in Loaning players to Warriors?:

I can see it now…Parramatta on good faith loan the Warriors Stefano Utoikamanu…

That would be good for us. Much better than him rotting away with no gametime at parra

Mcqueen would like it

Yep McQueen and a couple of the guys who probably won’t be around next year. Give them a chance to impress other clubs

I would agree, but this shall a swap, e.g. McQueen and Raynolds for Agnatius Paasi, or Thompson and Raynolds for Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

i do reckon we give some CC to them for experience

Prehaps Seyfarth/Clark/Mclntyre would benifit from it

Reynolds, Eisenhuth, McQueen and perhaps Clark

Can’t really see this working too well…imagine the loaned player makes some massive errors and costs them a game or 2…or has absolute blinders and wins them games…

You also don’t want to weaken your own Club…

NRL can’t even figure out how to get a straight forward swap deal with 2 players that are keen…let alone the ramifications for something like this…

@TheDaBoss said in Loaning players to Warriors?:

Mcqueen would like it

Yeah that’s a good shout. He’s really far down the pecking order so he’d probably like it.

@Geo said in Loaning players to Warriors?:

Can’t really see this working too well…imagine the loaned player makes some massive errors and costs them a game or 2…or has absolute blinders and wins them games…

You also don’t want to weaken your own Club…

NRL can’t even figure out how to get a straight forward swap deal with 2 players that are keen…let alone the ramifications for something like this…

Yeah you’d only send players you know wouldn’t be playing like McQueen who’s down the bottom of the pecking order

@JoshColeman99 said in Loaning players to Warriors?:

Yeah you’d only send players you know wouldn’t be playing like McQueen who’s down the bottom of the pecking order

The only players you would try and let go is someone that you think they may take off our hands and lower our salary cap such as Reynolds, Packer, McQueen (Even though I think McQueen should be in 1st grade, but its a waste to have someone on that coin in ressies).

@McQueen_Magic said in Loaning players to Warriors?:

@JoshColeman99 said in Loaning players to Warriors?:

The only players you would try and let go is someone that you think they may take off our hands and lower our salary cap such as Reynolds, Packer, McQueen (Even though I think McQueen should be in 1st grade, but its a waste to have someone on that coin in ressies).

I’m not sure how much salary cap relief teams would get for loaning players to warriors and if they’ll stay as a top 30 players. I read some players may only play a few games for warriors before returning home.

I see it as more of a chance to give our guys a run because CC is cancelled and also doing warriors a favour for helping keep the comp running as per usual. Only a few select players I’d send like packer or McQueen

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.