CV & us.

Yeah… another CV thread.

But I thought we could use this thread to relate our own personal experiences through this. I don’t think I knownanyone not affected.
Let’s encourage each other… Share tips and ideas on how we ncan remain positive through this… I see my own moods fluctuating quite extremely… It’s been a hell of a week.
Had a work colleague test positive, thankfully he’s at another site and I’ve never met him but I was seated next to another guy at a WHS Meeting who works with the positive guy and who had been advised self isolate… That was worrying until he came back negative yesterday.

My household will be discussing tonite what we’ll do should one of us Contract this… We are all in high risk occupations I think… Waste management me…two at the airport 😩 and two at hospital… I try to think positive but can help feeling like it’s only a matter of time.

We were meant to fly out to Philippines on Monday… But now I’ve cancelled my 5 weeks off and will take 2 weeks only, been a nightmare trying to deal with airlines and resorts over there but slowly getting on top of it… Work often takes my mind off things that bother me but it’s not the case with this as so many new protocols have come into play.
Stay safe friends.

last edited by innsaneink
🤗

I think my job is in the early stages of shutting down. We’re slowly shutting down services. Only a matter of time I think.

Personally, I know it’s not comparable to anyone whose lost someone close to them, or has someone close to them suffering, but this panic buying is out of control. I have no idea when it will stop. They’re saying the pandemic could last 18 months, So is this what shopping will be like for the next 18 months?

😧

This is very very minor in the scheme of things but I wanted to check if anyone else is experiencing the same. I have Optus cable internet (not NBN) at home and it’s down completely. They’ve shut down their call centre and are redirecting us to their website. However, their website appears to be down. Can anyone else access their website?

I imagine home internet speeds will suffer as the workforce moves to majority working from home.

My work can’t and won’t shut down. It certainly affects our interaction with the community and i’m definately concerned about exposure to it, more so for my family than the ramifications for myself.

🤗

My elderly parents are in home isolation having returned from a cruise in Italy. Before they left the virus had only just begun in China but I still urged them not to go. Dad too stubborn. It’s been 7 days and still no symptoms, fingers crossed.

last edited by nrlsurvivor
🤞👌

Shopping will not stay like this … one positive from this the general public will realise what a blessed country we live in with the agriculture and food we can produce … our population will be feed and feed well.
Hopefully the realisation will hit home that we have to stop selling our blessed heritage and protect ourselves from these foreign invaders that won’t to plunder Our jewels.
Being a baby boomer our parents instilled into us the saying “always put something away for a rainy day even if you have to sacrifice something “… this was a great piece of advice ! That has served us well our entire life …

🤝

@nrlsurvivor said in CV & us.:

This is very very minor in the scheme of things but I wanted to check if anyone else is experiencing the same. I have Optus cable internet (not NBN) at home and it’s down completely. They’ve shut down their call centre and are redirecting us to their website. However, their website appears to be down. Can anyone else access their website?

I imagine home internet speeds will suffer as the workforce moves to majority working from home.

Apparently all but Fibre to the home could be affected with speeds as the Crap Turnbull alternative is going to struggle…NBN has increased all speeds due to this increased usage so time will tell . We have fibre to the home and our speed is maximum no problems that is with two working from home full time and a business and of course Fortnite😂

@innsaneink said in CV & us.:

Yeah… another CV thread.

But I thought we could use this thread to relate our own personal experiences through this. I don’t think I knownanyone not affected.
Let’s encourage each other… Share tips and ideas on how we ncan remain positive through this… I see my own moods fluctuating quite extremely… It’s been a hell of a week.
Had a work colleague test positive, thankfully he’s at another site and I’ve never met him but I was seated next to another guy at a WHS Meeting who works with the positive guy and who had been advised self isolate… That was worrying until he came back negative yesterday.

My household will be discussing tonite what we’ll do should one of us Contract this… We are all in high risk occupations I think… Waste management me…two at the airport 😩 and two at hospital… I try to think positive but can help feeling like it’s only a matter of time.

We were meant to fly out to Philippines on Monday… But now I’ve cancelled my 5 weeks off and will take 2 weeks only, been a nightmare trying to deal with airlines and resorts over there but slowly getting on top of it… Work often takes my mind off things that bother me but it’s not the case with this as so many new protocols have come into play.
Stay safe friends.

Honestly mate, the best thing you can do is stay positive and follow the guideline and rules put in place! The cancellation of a holiday must be devastating. Both my wife and I work in high risk occupations and we will deal with what comes from that. I am not overly concerned about contracting the virus and will get through it if it comes to that.

The business I am involved in pretty much lost all business and will have practical no income moving forward. I was about a week away from start up of a business owned by 100% by myself that was really being setup as what I do for the rest of my life. I’ll use any reduced time from my work to have that completely ready to launch after we come out the other side of this!

I wish everyone luck and just say keep your chin up, stay positive and follow the advice given and as a society we will come out the other side of this hopefully stronger and pulling in the same direction!

I live at Lake Cathie just south of Port Macquarie. There is only 1 reported case in Port Maquarie - a 14 yr old school kid. Might change if people from Sydney come up for Easter and school holidays. Shoping at our local woolies was the same as everywhere else - bedlam - however i noticedsterday their shelves were better stocked yesterday and the panic buying has seemed to have died down a bit.

😹👀😊

@diedpretty said in CV & us.:

I live at Lake Cathie just south of Port Macquarie. There is only 1 reported case in Port Maquarie - a 14 yr old school kid. Might change if people from Sydney come up for Easter and school holidays. Shoping at our local woolies was the same as everywhere else - bedlam - however i noticedsterday their shelves were better stocked yesterday and the panic buying has seemed to have died down a bit.

The longer this goes on the more people will settle down with the panic buying, hopefully we are starting to come out the other side of that part of this now!

I think its only a matter of time before we see pubs and clubs etc closed for a period of time …we were told yesterday that the 100 people max within the venue is now reduced to 50 people max per venue and a distancing of 4 metres…
Last night we had bookings in our bistro cancel,less people in the pub for raffles and we cancelled our money draw…I think this is going to be a regular occurrence until we eventually have no customers…
I haven’t known of anyone who has been tested for CV and I haven’t known anyone to come in the pub that has had contact with anyone with CV…we just have to see how things pan out…stay safe,stay healthy and look after each other…

👍

@nrlsurvivor said in CV & us.:

My elderly parents are in home isolation having returned from a cruise in Italy. Before they left the virus had only just begun in China but I still urged them not to go. Dad too stubborn. It’s been 7 days and still no symptoms, fingers crossed.

I can relate. My father just called me from Bangkok AIrport and they are about to board a night flight back to Sydney. They are the most generous parents but they got this wrong; I suggested they not go as this was about to explode and now 14 days isolation which they will be disciplined about.

🙂👴👵👌

My wife works in research studying flu and tracking it’s outcomes. She is completing a PhD studying RSV which also overlaps with her work. She has just been called upon to use her skills and work with families who are in quarantine due to having contact to try and track the transmission of the virus. As much as it is a concern for us as a family we know her work could be valuable in helping understand everything.

I have just moved to a position in the corporate side of the department of education and they haven’t said anything yet but they are preparing us to do most of our work at home and visit schools to support from there. I have a special needs background and a lot of my colleagues are in a vulnerable bracket working with kids who are high risk. It is a crazy time for them but they also realise that helping these kids stay safe is the best thing they can do. Personally despite all of the people who are clearly afraid of what’s coming I think we need to focus on looking after each other, help out where we can and try and focus on the positive acts rather than the negative ones.

👍

My family household will be feeling the pinch in the coming weeks. My place of business has been informed that as of today all staff hours would be slashed drastically and that all contracts would be renegotiated with a possibility of further reductions to come and worst case scenario would be closIng down altogether without pay…What makes this all so worrying is that you don’t have a definitive time frame because the current climate is so uncertain.🙁

😢

It’s hard to gauge how to feel because there is so much contradictory information. Italy is an a dire situation and we should be learning from them - it makes sense to me to be over cautious. In my work I can’t maintain social distancing so it could be considered high risk, and many of my colleagues are angry about having to continue working under such circumstances.
But when I consider the risks that emergency services faced during the Bush fire crisis to protect the well being of communities, my risk seems minor. So lots of reflection about what society would be like if we had no people prepared to work in areas that are involved with risk during tough times, and wonder what they are thinking about the public reaction by many who are now concerned for their own wellbeing. Challenging times.

👍🤗

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.