The Bench and rotating players with no NSW Cup

This is a question on what everyone thoughts are around rotation. WIth no NSW cup available should we be keeping our best 17 on the field or should we be rotating some of our bench especially to ensure we have a squad with match fitness. My concern is if you stick to your top 17 with no NSW cup and then 6 weeks in you get injuries then you are bringing in blokes with 1 games all year to replace them. Should in Round 3 and 4 be looking at getting the next ones on the list Esienhuth, Talau, etc getting a run

Need to play your best 17 each week I believe. Players 18-25 Ned to be involved in simulated match conditions type activities during the week

@Tiger_Steve said in The Bench and rotating players with no NSW Cup:

Need to play your best 17 each week I believe. Players 18-25 Ned to be involved in simulated match conditions type activities during the week

I agree with that it is the best solution even if it is not ideal

Keep Mclntyre,Mcqueen,Huth,SEyfarth, on standby

We really need to keep our best on the field at all times. The Australian cricket team have shown that a rotation policy doesn’t work.

I think you pick your best 16 players, but if there are a few borderline selections you could rotate that last spot between the likes of Chee Kam, Lawrence, Eisenhuth and Clark for the last two positions. But definitely would not be rotating anyone of significance.

All Clubs are in the same canoe…best 17 but that doesn’t mean one or two bench position may change depending on who you play…

The arrival of Grant will make a change as will the return of Brooks…

I wonder if any player has to be isolated In a CV event would this mean we draw on lower grades to fill the void to keep the comp live

@Gazman said in The Bench and rotating players with no NSW Cup:

I wonder if any player has to be isolated In a CV event would this mean we draw on lower grades to fill the void to keep the comp live

I would expect that will be the case the gloves are off to keep the comp going … anything is possible now , the only thought is survival !

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.