This was our chance.

To be a different west’s.
New coach, new team, at home.

Kudos to you fans that pushed through and were there to support you’re team that really don’t care.

@tigerbalm said in This was our chance.:

Kudos to you fans that pushed through and were there to support you’re team that really don’t care.

Seems to me @tigerbalm Leichhardt Oval may have lost some of its home ground attraction.
Also Madge is reported to have given our team a heart wrenching rev-up before the game…what happened…nuffin…it had no ‘positive’ effect on how the team played.

Ouch raw post. Certainly, it would seem at Tigers you can change the musicians but the tune stays the same.

However I would also offer another cliche, that “one match doth not make the season”. It occurred to me yesterday, having watched 5 matches of football on the weekend, that a number of the sides that lost, and even a few that won, all had the same issue with application and concentration. That’s probably normal for footy, but also these aren’t normal times, so it’s hard to know what in a footballer’s head right now, no crowds and staring down the barrel of a cancelled season.

I mean the Roosters and Manly game wasn’t high scoring, but had a bunch of uncharacteristic errors in it.

So yeah Tigers were bad, it is reminiscent of other bad Tigers performances, but in truth, most bad losses for most clubs follow the same blueprint.

last edited by jirskyr

Whilst it is always disappointing when we lose, we have to remember that Newcastle have assembled a pretty fair team. Two current Blues props, a couple of former Qld forwards, quality 1 & 7. Whilst I thought Twal, as our forwards leader, held his own against Klemmer, there’s not many others that “won” their match-up. Maybe Lawrence, as a bench replacement?

@MAGPIES1963 said in This was our chance.:

@tigerbalm said in This was our chance.:

Seems to me @tigerbalm Leichhardt Oval may have lost some of its home ground attraction.
Also Madge is reported to have given our team a heart wrenching rev-up before the game…what happened…nuffin…it had no ‘positive’ effect on how the team played.

Leichhardt oval is a myth where ghosts of the past live … full house must win games sorry can’t win … empty ground sorry can’t win . There is obsoletely no advantage for the club to play there the place is a myth and it’s proven to be !

👍🙇

The disappointing thing might be that we went away from hiring “character”. Blokes that we’re willing to bust a gut for the team, because a bloke like BJ was available.

Even though we finished 9th last year, the effort was there and could hold our heads high as supporters.

Thankfully we dodged the lattrel bullet. But we might have picked up someone else with motivational issues.

Professionals turn up (almost) every week and perform at a high level no matter what also might be going on. This is not what happened at Leichhardt yesterday.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.