Now that there is no footy....

what are we doing now that there is no footy?

I keep hearing it’s off but haven’t seen anything official yet.

2 weeks and my sling come off… so, most of my time will be rehab and countless hours of streaming tv series and playing Warcraft 😅🙃

When they lock down the QLD border it will be an imoossibility

@innsaneink said in Now that there is no footy....:

Just kick out the qld teams
Sydney comp only

🤦

Coronavirus sports news updates: NRL season reportedly set to be suspended
By WWOS staff
5:08pm Mar 23, 2020

020 NRL season reportedly set to be suspended
By George Vlotis17:08

The 2020 NRL season is set to be suspended amid the growing impact of the coronavirus pandemic in Australia, according to 9News rugby league reporter Danny Weidler.

The league had desperately fought for its continuation as it explored every possible avenue for survival, with its financial solvency dependent on having its matches broadcast to meet the contractual requirements of its lucrative TV deal.

But with the announcement that Queensland would be shutting its borders, the latest curveball hurled toward the game’s administrators, the NRL faced a juggling act that looks as though it has proved insurmountable.

“There’s been increasing speculation over the last half hour or so that the season could well be suspended,” Weidler reported this afternoon.

"The NRL staff, in a major development, have been told to take annual leave until May 1. That’s 90 per cent of the staff so they’ll be operating on a skeleton staff until that time.

“The Queensland borders being shut, that’s a significant hurdle. The clubs are going to have a briefing with Peter V’Landys and Todd Greenberg at 5.45 today, they may well be told that the NRL season will be suspended.”

Yep… all done. Damnit.

R.I.P 😰
You will be missed…'05 GF Replay anyone? 🍻

last edited by AnotherOne

@WT2K said in Now that there is no footy....:

2 weeks and my sling come off… so, most of my time will be rehab and countless hours of streaming tv series and playing Warcraft 😅🙃

Horde for lyfe

@hobbo1 said in Now that there is no footy....:

Sydney comp only

Victoria have also closed their border so 11 NSW teams would be the only way to have any footy.

@AnotherOne said in Now that there is no footy....:

R.I.P 😰

It’ll be back …
Thanks China 🇨🇳!

@Newtown said in Now that there is no footy....:

@hobbo1 said in Now that there is no footy....:

Sydney comp only

Victoria have also closed their border so 11 NSW teams would be the only way to have any footy.

And make it a top 5 like the good old days
We can finish 6th !

last edited by hobbo1

If they want to play the comp in Gladstone they better get a move on and get everyone there asap!

All games have to be played in the one state. That’s clear. But it makes no difference where as the stands are empty. It’s a tv sport now.

Tamworth? Gladstone? Gosford? Cairns? I don’t care, pick somewhere and move every player and coach and their families there asap.

It’s not as if players are going to be able to be running around the city wherever they are anyway. A lockdown is a lockdown.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.