Best Balmain AND Wests, Tigers Team

Larry2005’s great thread of the best combined Balmain/Wests/West Tigers team, it got me thinking of whether we could put together a team of players who played for BOTH Balmain & Wests.

Apologies if its too close to Larrys thread and feel free to delete if needed.

Ill kick it off

1. Garry Jack
  2. Ross Conlon
  3. Ellery Hanley
  4. Garry Schofield
  5. Mick Neil
  6. Scott Gale
  7. Lee Crooks
  8. Greg Cox
  9. Mick Luibuinskis
  10. John Elias
  11. Trevor Ryan

Pretty good backline, weak pack. Couldnt find a hooker so I threw Greg Cox in there, couldnt find a second prop.

Can anyone add to it or improve?

Warren Boland on the wing

There seems to be some plagiarism going on here🧐😂…This topic thread already exist…

@Tigerlily said in Best Balmain AND Wests, Tigers Team:

There seems to be some plagiarism going on here🧐😂…This topic thread already exist…

I thought that too but on closer inspection this one is for players that played for BOTH Balmain AND Wests…

Can Brett Gale play Prop…the forgotten Gale and I’ll throw in Steve Knight on the wing…

last edited by Geo

Gary MacFarlane and Gary Webster are a coupe of props that played for both I think.

Olaf Prattl played for Balmain 69 - 71 in the Centres (Might have played 2/R at a pinch) Missed the 69 GF having broken a leg about a month before the historic day. Played with Wests for a year in 72. Might not have been a Legend but a tough player and with a name like that has to at least be on the Bench!

These are the only players I found which played for both clubs (other than the ones mentioned in the original post). Plenty of centres.
Olaf Prattl- Wing, Centre, Five-eighth, Lock
Steve Knight- Centre
Gil MacDougall- Centre
Kevin Smyth- Lock and Second Row
Bill Tonkin- Lock
Bede Goff- Hooker
Ken Bray- Fullback and Wing
William Brown- Hooker, Second row
Cec Fifield- Centre
Les Hayes- Centre
Roy Liston- Prop
Lyall Wall- fullback, wing, centre
Evan Cochrane- Wing, centre
Wayne Wigham- Centre
Gary Webster- Prop, second row
Warren Boland- Centre and wing
Albert Johnston- centre
Jim Craig- Wing

@CoJo1013 said in Best Balmain AND Wests, Tigers Team:

Steve Knight- Centre

Steve had the biggest biceps in Rugby League at the time. I recall him on Rex Mossop’s show in an Arm Wrestle contest - But then the grey cells fail me.

@LeichhardtTiger said in Best Balmain AND Wests, Tigers Team:

@CoJo1013 said in Best Balmain AND Wests, Tigers Team:

Steve Knight- Centre

Steve had the biggest biceps in Rugby League at the time. I recall him on Rex Mossop’s show in an Arm Wrestle contest - But then the grey cells fail me.

I havent seen him for 6-7 years but apart from a bad back he was still a very fit man and in much better shape than blokes less than half his age.A very genuine man.

👏

@Geo said in Best Balmain AND Wests, Tigers Team:

I thought that too but on closer inspection this one is for players that played for BOTH Balmain AND Wests…

Can Brett Gale play Prop…the forgotten Gale and I’ll throw in Steve Knight on the wing…

Greg Oliphant played for Brisbane Wests and Balmain …John Ribot de Bresac played for Brisbane Wests and Wests in Sydney

@Geo said in Best Balmain AND Wests, Tigers Team:

Didn’t John Bilbija play for both Wests and Balmain

@Tiger5150 said in Best Balmain AND Wests, Tigers Team:

Larry2005’s great thread of the best combined Balmain/Wests/West Tigers team, it got me thinking of whether we could put together a team of players who played for BOTH Balmain & Wests.

Apologies if its too close to Larrys thread and feel free to delete if needed.

Ill kick it off

1. Garry Jack
  2. Ross Conlon
  3. Ellery Hanley
  4. Garry Schofield
  5. Mick Neil
  6. Scott Gale
  7. Lee Crooks
  8. Greg Cox
  9. Mick Luibuinskis
  10. John Elias
  11. Trevor Ryan

Pretty good backline, weak pack. Couldnt find a hooker so I threw Greg Cox in there, couldnt find a second prop.

Can anyone add to it or improve?

Jon Bilbija definitely played for both Wests and Balmain …used to love him

@innsaneink said in Best Balmain AND Wests, Tigers Team:

Arthur Mountier

Screenshot_20200403-054648_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

Screenshot_20200403-054626_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

Ha…my strongest memory of Mountier is my Dad raving about how useless he was. Dad hated him.

😠

OMG…how could I have forgotten this guy…our very own Big Damo…Damien McGarry…

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.