Corey Harawira-Naera

Sacked by the Bulldogs. Yeah he did the wrong thing, but there are plenty who have done worse running around.

Benefits of him?

1. Hes a Kiwi, so knows Madge.
  2. His worth just went down, so he’d be a cheaper signing, similar to Musgrove.
  3. Hes one of the better backrowers in the competition (Top 10?)
  4. Our backrow is very ordinary.
  5. Didn’t we try to get him last year? So we must like him.
  6. Hes only 24, 25 next year…
👍

I don’t think our backrow is ordinary. I like our backrow. He is a good player but he also seems to be around trouble and I’m not sure he is worth the risk.

@Earl said in Corey Harawira-Naera:

I don’t think our backrow is ordinary. I like our backrow. He is a good player but he also seems to be around trouble and I’m not sure he is worth the risk.

Fair point. I think Lucy is good but I think most of the following are below the normal NRL Standard of backrowers (As in…not many of them would make many other clubs, if any).

• Garner
  • ET
  • Eisenhuth
  • Chee Kam
  • Lawrence
last edited by McQueen_Magic

@McQueen_Magic said in Corey Harawira-Naera:

Fair point. I think Lucy is good but I think most of the following are below the normal NRL Standard of backrowers (As in…not many of them would make many other clubs, if any).

• Garner
  • ET
  • Eisenhuth
  • Chee Kam
  • Lawrence

McQueen…?

McQueen and Lawrence prob won’t be here in 2021

@McQueen_Magic said in Corey Harawira-Naera:

• Garner
  • ET
  • Eisenhuth
  • Chee Kam
  • Lawrence

Every single one of those is in front of McQueen.

Sign the lad up 🔥
Runs rings around our current forwards

@Sausagesorcerer said in Corey Harawira-Naera:

Sign the lad up 🔥
Runs rings around our current forwards

This isn’t a run of the mill contract tear up that makes a player a free agent. He’s been deregistered by the NRL. That’s an indication, that at least in the short term, he won’t be allowed back in the game.

He’s been de-registered. Can’t see him back in the game anytime soon.

@willow said in Corey Harawira-Naera:

Question Willow…once a player is deregistered,is there a timeframe when they can apply to play in the NRL again or is he only allowed to go to ESL or rugby??

@TrueTiger said in Corey Harawira-Naera:

Question Willow…once a player is deregistered,is there a timeframe when they can apply to play in the NRL again or is he only allowed to go to ESL or rugby??

Geo would know more than me on this one but I believe the NRL can specify a set period, or make it for life, so it’s at their discretion.

Geo would know more than me on this one but I believe the NRL can specify a set period, or make it for life, so it’s at their discretion.

Thanks mate I will ask Geo the same and see what he comes up with…

De-registered, they final getting tough are they?

Thanks mate I will ask Geo the same and see what he comes up with…

On the Radio they said a minimum of 12 months

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.