Video game consoles & games

OK video gamers, since we will be social distancing for a while I’m looking to buy a game console to help pass the time. Last video game I played was on the Wii, so I haven’t played any in quite a while. I also used to play Flight Simulator on a PC. Looking for Console / PC and game recommendations.

I was thinking of the Xbox digital edition but I am open to different options. Something the missus would enjoy as well.

Also what’s the go with on-line games? Yes I am ignorant when it comes to modern video gaming.

Depends on the type of games you are into

If you buy a new console avoid getting Hard copy games - just go digital as you keep them forever and they stay on the cloud (you install when you want to play).

Xbox and Playstation have game pass type setup which you pay additional per month to access a game catalogue + get free games to keep.

Online gaming is when you play with / against your friends or someone else on either another console, cross consoles and pc. Many different version exists on this.

Board games …Rummy O is good kids even like it …still

@happy_tiger said in Video game consoles & games:

Old school

Board Games get pretty boring very quickly nowadays though compared to video games. Unless it’s something like Trivial Pursuit, that drawing game (Pictionary), Scrabble or something with a bit of variety. Monopoly and stuff like that is a snorefest.
Test Match is fun.

@Fade-To-Black said in Video game consoles & games:

Board Games get pretty boring very quickly nowadays though compared to video games. Unless it’s something like Trivial Pursuit, that drawing game (Pictionary), Scrabble or something with a bit of variety. Monopoly and stuff like that is a snorefest.
Test Match is fun.

I still love board games!

Our kids love board games & pc/xbox/switch/ps4
Just depends how you play them and when.

Im an Xbox and a halo guy.

We got 2 in the house and i never get any time on em.

At the end of the day i love a good book first

@Spartan117 said in Video game consoles & games:

Use to be able to read 100 of pages a night

Now I’m asleep 10 pages in

Kids hey …who’s idea were they

@Spartan117 said in Video game consoles & games:

I was a halo guy

Played halo 2 and 3 for countless hours

Haven’t had time to play games in a few years ,but the Dark Souls series is arguably the best collection of games I’ve ever played 🔥

I’m an Xbox guy. Not playing much at the moment as I’m working some silly hours but I’m a huge fan of the Borderlands series.

Xbox…good stuff…love playing NBA LIVE…big sports fan

last edited by bacon

I play a bit of Xbox now and then. Some of the online games are a lot of fun.

My kids got me into Fortnite. It’s like a giant 99 person game of Skirmish.

A lot of the online games allow you to plug in a microphone and chat with the people you’re playing against. It’s great if you have a few mates that are also into gaming.

@mike said in Video game consoles & games:

OK video gamers, since we will be social distancing for a while I’m looking to buy a game console to help pass the time. Last video game I played was on the Wii, so I haven’t played any in quite a while. I also used to play Flight Simulator on a PC. Looking for Console / PC and game recommendations.

I was thinking of the Xbox digital edition but I am open to different options. Something the missus would enjoy as well.

Also what’s the go with on-line games? Yes I am ignorant when it comes to modern video gaming.

Depends what you’re into mate.

There’s : Call of Duty (cod) , league of legends (LOL), Pub G, CS go etc

I’m thinking of reactivating my WOW account again and doing some PVP. Wow= world of warcraft. But you need to pay around $30 a month subscription for it…

@baconandeggs said in Video game consoles & games:

Xbox…good stuff…love playing NBA LIVE…big sports fan

NBA 2k is really good

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.