Foxtel Plans

I hope some of Foxtel subscribers may find this info useful

1. If you are on an older platinum plan eg Platinum hd-you are being ripped off. For the same monthly amount you should be getting Platinum Plus which INCLUDES a standard Netflix subscription PLUS a $40 12 mth discount.

2. I downgraded to Premium with a $40 12 mth discount.

3. Was never advised to upgrade to IQ 3 from IQHD aka IQ2 to optimise my Platinum HD plan.

Anyone on an older plan is subsidising newer Platinum subscriptions.

I am on a Foxtel from Telstra bundle.

last edited by Don_Kershane

The whole Foxtel subscription model, buying channel packs, is past its used by date. Foxtel need to change or they will go the way of the Dodo.

Sadly we will soon be forced from our Optus cable service as it will be shut down when the NBN network starts in our area, have been very happy with the cable service for over a decade, it has been very reliable and Optus has absorbed some of Foxtel’s price rises in recent years to keep the price down.

Not looking forward to having to deal directly with Foxtel.

About 12 months ago we changed from cable Foxtel (originally Optus) to satellite. Foxtel should be pushing this option as the NBN cannot guarantee a level of service. The satellite has been fine, but Foxtel is over priced and the pakages are marketed to obtain maximum revenue. Why they will die out eventually.

last edited by sheer64

damn over 2 hours wait on foxtel over the phone.

Lockdowns must be affecting their call centres in india and manilla

@mike said in Foxtel Plans:

The whole Foxtel subscription model, buying channel packs, is past its used by date. Foxtel need to change or they will go the way of the Dodo.

Not sure what the point of it is there days. Wanna watch movies and shows? Netflix. Wanna watch sport? Kayo. Like FTA, it’s becoming an irrelevant platform.

last edited by GNR4LIFE

@trentrunciman said in Foxtel Plans:

Yeah, spoke to Manila last week and they are living at the call center 24/7 to maintain a living and servicing us.

@formerguest said in Foxtel Plans:

@trentrunciman said in Foxtel Plans:

Yeah, spoke to Manila last week and they are living at the call center 24/7 to maintain a living and servicing us.

wow tough times indeed…

LMAO those Foxtel guys do a good job of not making me cancel the subscription…lady just ran through the whole package of what foxtel offers in the entertainment package hahaha and i ended up just suspending my subscription rather than cancelling…

@GNR4LIFE said in Foxtel Plans:

@mike said in Foxtel Plans:

Not sure what the point of it is there days. Wanna watch movies and shows? Netflix. Wanna watch sport? Kayo. Like FTA, it’s becoming an irrelevant platform.

Not so much for many of the elderly, as it remains a reasonable constant for many years, including and importantly, basically the same remote.

New iQ4 remote sucks …buttons are in the wrong place …

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.