Pat Richards, the art of kicking

@InBenjiWeTrust said in Pat Richards, the art of kicking:

Man we need him for those torpy kick offs

far out

👏

This is one of my favourite threads ever!
Love Patty’s kicks.

Great kicks.
A 72 metre drop out!
A field goal from the sideline 40 metres out!

The man is a legend.

@JD-Tiger said in Pat Richards, the art of kicking:

Great kicks.
A 72 metre drop out!
A field goal from the sideline 40 metres out!

The man is a legend.

See the man Sunday 3pm Fox Sports replaying the 2005 Grand Final

Best offensive set-play kicker rugby league has ever seen.

I still feel it’s a shame he left after 2005 and came back such a long time later. He could have had so much more of an NRL career, though he may have ended up retiring earlier.

Can’t figure why clubs aren’t hiring him to work with their kickers. He showed how dangerous a mundane part of the game can be, and clubs aren’t interested in utilising it?

btw comming up at 7:20 on nrl is our 2009 match against the titans

@GNR4LIFE said in Pat Richards, the art of kicking:

Can’t figure why clubs aren’t hiring him to work with their kickers. He showed how dangerous a mundane part of the game can be, and clubs aren’t interested in utilising it?

My guess is that it’s very difficult to emulate. Kyle Feldt is the closest modern replicant but I’d argue he’s probably the only one.

I mean, Pat Richards kicked a 72m drop out and he probably can’t teach that to anyone else.

last edited by jirskyr

I was a staunch defender of Taylor, but his operative to RIchards to CEASE doing these style contested kickoffs because it potentially gave up 10 or 20 metres on the kickoff was the most BRAIN DEAD coaching decision I think I’ve ever seen. Creating even a 20% chance of retaining the ball over the course of a game might result in possession being retained possibly twice a game?

To be honest, Patty’s kicks created a 50/50 chance most times they were executed properly.

Well, maybe not the most brain dead - although it’s up there with Kyle Lovett in the centres…

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.