NRL axe the new "Simply the Best" advert...

L.Mitchell is no longer the poster boy for NRL…Abdo has binned the advert…
It hasn’t got anything to do with this weeks debarcle,however,they are questioning LMs professionalism and character…

source…ninemsn…

He was only reconnecting with his culture, where they ride trail bikes on the beach and shoot cans.

last edited by Swordy

Cmon they dumped the ad purely because why would they be advertising they hace nothing to advertuse for.

It was rubbish anyway. What a monumental waste of money.

@Swordy said in NRL axe the new "Simply the Best" advert...:

He was only reconnecting with his culture, where they ride trail bikes on the beach and shoot cans.

Getting back to their roots - after all they were doing that stuff before Captain Cook arrived.

How many poster boys for the NRL have stuffed up???

@Elderslie_Tiger said in NRL axe the new "Simply the Best" advert...:

Shivers!
How long have we got?

👍

@Elderslie_Tiger said in NRL axe the new "Simply the Best" advert...:

A quicker question would be how many havent stuffed up

👍

It was only an ad designed to reflect Greenberg’s political aspirations. We now have more important issues to tackle, such as saving lives, finding jobs for people and uplifting the country’s collective emotional health. Divisive politics makes the job harder in good times or bad times.

I loved the add at the start but I agree it’s not a good time to have a add saying ‘simply the best’ in this time while many people are questioning NRL special privileges, especially while some don’t follow the rules. Right call to can it.

last edited by Jay

@Jay said in NRL axe the new "Simply the Best" advert...:

I loved the add at the start but I agree it’s not a good time to have a add saying ‘simply the best’ in this time while many people are questioning NRL special privileges, especially while some don’t follow the rules. Right call to can it.

There will always be a time when some don’t follow the rules, regardless of the particular rules. Greenberg defended the ad in the face of enormous criticism by stating he was aiming to show the NRL as an inclusive organisation. So what’s different now? Is inclusiveness still important to the NRL?

Theres no crowds to attract,ARL restart has great awareness,so its all about tv ratings…over to you Fox and nine network.

This is close to the Worst political BS i have seen in years

This is Greenburg at his worst.

Im glad they found an excuse to junk it

And I thought Mr Andrew Abdo was also involved in the creation of the ad.

you just can’t duplicate this

edit- time flies man…this seems like it was yesterday

last edited by trentrunciman

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.