One ref

@rihannafan1 said in One ref:

@mike said in One ref:

Further changes to the six-again rule.

“referees now allowed to restart the tackle count immediately if markers are not square as opposed to blowing a penalty”

I’m not a fan of changes to a rules system in the middle of a season. It’s quite unfair to have rules for a part of the season and not another.

That said, this is an extension of a great rule. Anything to make the game faster.

I dont mind if they are subtle changes that hamper the coaches exploiting loop holes.

@mike said in One ref:

“referees now allowed to restart the tackle count immediately if markers are not square as opposed to blowing a penalty”

I’m not a fan of changes to a rules system in the middle of a season. It’s quite unfair to have rules for a part of the season and not another.

That said, this is an extension of a great rule. Anything to make the game faster.

I don’t see how a rule change that affects everyone is unfair.

@mike said in One ref:

It’s not really a rule change as such, after all not being square is an infringement now. It is how they have implemented the punishment for the rule infringement that is changing.

I’m all for it.

@mike said in One ref:

Rugby League has always done it, some of our biggest changes were mid season changes.

@rustycage said in One ref:

@mike said in One ref:

Me either

Markers not square is a big bug bear of mine that’s been allowed for too long

Just need to fix the Stripping/raking rule

@innsaneink said in One ref:

@mike said in One ref:

Me either

What would you like to see different about it Ink?

@cochise said in One ref:

@innsaneink said in One ref:

@mike said in One ref:

Me either

What would you like to see different about it Ink?

Dunno how to fix it but it’s the old inconsistency the ref’s display… One minute it’s a strip/knock on against defending team… Next minute it’s a loose carry for the ball carrier

These 6 again calls are getting worse every week. It’s either every set there’s a six again or one team will blatantly wrestle and the ref does nothing about. They’re blowing them far more often than penalties would be given and every week there’s more and more half the time for no reason. Too inconsistent for the most part and this new change will add to that

@JoshColeman99 said in One ref:

These 6 again calls are getting worse every week. It’s either every set there’s a six again or one team will blatantly wrestle and the ref does nothing about. They’re blowing them far more often than penalties would be given and every week there’s more and more half the time for no reason. Too inconsistent for the most part and this new change will add to that

They are supposed to be given more often than the penalties were, that was the point.

Yeah and I love it.

Players have been getting away with ruck infringements for ages because the penalty cost was too high for the game to tolerate. Six-again penalises these infringements without slowing the game down. The players and coaches will learn soon enough.

@cochise said in One ref:

They are supposed to be given more often than the penalties were, that was the point.

They are given for no reason half the time Is my issue. It’s sped the game up a little as intended but I personally think it’s way more inconsistent than the old system

@mike said in One ref:

Yeah and I love it.

Players have been getting away with ruck infringements for ages because the penalty cost was too high for the game to tolerate. Six-again penalises these infringements without slowing the game down. The players and coaches will learn soon enough.

I don’t love six again calls for no reason every second set. Games are being dictated by the refs more than ever.

In 2018 the penalty crackdown led to about 30 penalties a game and players still didn’t learn, so they just never will 😂

@mike said in One ref:

Yeah and I love it.

But half the time we don’t know what the six again calls were for …
A lot of the time imo they’re called just to square up the ledger .

@mike said in One ref:

Yeah and I love it.

I don’t love six again calls for no reason every second set. Games are being dictated by the refs more than ever.

In 2018 the penalty crackdown led to about 30 penalties a game and players still didn’t learn, so they just never will 😂

They should have continued until they learnt, but the media whinged and Grennburg caved. That is why they brought in this rule, it allows them to get tough on the wrestle without the media complaining they are slowing the game down. Can it be improved? Yes and hopefully over time the refs will get better when ruling on the 6 agains. Remember that the refs didn’t get a chance to implement this change over the off season and had to bring in it quickly. It will get better.

@mike said in One ref:

Yeah and I love it.

There is always a reason, we may not understand it or agree with it but the ref calls it as they see it. The game has moved forward for the first time in ages.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.