Would you like players to do exit interviews ...

I don’t know about others , but as a fan I’d like to know why players leave our club or any other club for that matter

Should every player that leaves a club for another club be forced to answer a standard 10 question exit interview by the NRL

At least then you find out what players think about your club and it’s operations

Thoughts

Not a bad idea. We do exit interviews at work, I can’t say I see any change come from it though so it may well be a token gesture unless CEO’s are willing to make changes.

Should have added anonymous exit interviews

Maybe they do exit interviews. I certainly wouldn’t make them public though.

@willow said in Would you like players to do exit interviews ...:

Not a bad idea. We do exit interviews at work, I can’t say I see any change come from it though so it may well be a token gesture unless CEO’s are willing to make changes.

Idea that they would be for all to see …you could a 1-10 scale from very good or very bad …have a final question about what the club could have done to retain you

Money
Player relations
Coaching staff
Contract negotiations
Office Administartion
Comparison’s to other clubs
Training
Fans
Amenities (including playing surface ,gym etc )
What club could have done to retain you / issues for leaving

The club should do it but no need to release the info publicly.

Many players would be reluctant to answer honestly because they may always want to return or go to a club where one of the reasons they left has moved to.

I love (insert existing Club)they have been fantastic… I love all the boys and the Coaching staff …I am so grateful for all the opportunities… but I really need to look after my family and grow as a person… so I’ve decided to Join (insert New Club) …I’m really grateful to get this opportunity…It’s not about money or anything …I love all the boys here and the Coaching staff have made me feel so welcome…

What more do you need to know…

@happy_tiger said in Would you like players to do exit interviews ...:

I don’t know about others , but as a fan I’d like to know why players leave our club or any other club for that matter

Should every player that leaves a club for another club be forced to answer a standard 10 question exit interview by the NRL

At least then you find out what players think about your club and it’s operations

Thoughts

Pretty good idea @happy_tiger. Most good enterprises have an exit interview process.

This post is deleted!

Most of the players cant do a normal interview, let alone an Exit one…

Didn’t Mr Woods do one? “It is what it is”

@Geo said in Would you like players to do exit interviews ...:

I love (insert existing Club)they have been fantastic… I love all the boys and the Coaching staff …I am so grateful for all the opportunities… but I really need to look after my family and grow as a person… so I’ve decided to Join (insert New Club) …I’m really grateful to get this opportunity…It’s not about money or anything …I love all the boys here and the Coaching staff have made me feel so welcome…

You do know what the word anonymous means …

Ummm unless all 30 left at the same time …I reckon you could narrow down anonymous…

Ummm unless all 30 left at the same time …I reckon you could narrow down anonymous…

Footballers aren’t that smart

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.