2021 Thoughts and team possibilities

So in my mind Taylor, McQueen & Lawrence should be playing their last season (could keep Lawrence for another year maybe) to fill that void we need a tough defender and a ball playing backorder two players off contract come to mind in Adam Elliot and John Asiata who would pair up with Garner in the back row, with Luciano off the bench.

If Reynolds goes there isn’t much to replace him possibly Nicho Hynes from the Storm as an up and coming 5/8 who could replace Benji.

If Packet goes we are light on experience up front, possibly Tolman or Tamou to lead the way or go after Welch if he recovers from knee injury well.

Fullback another issue do we fill the gap with Thompson or Douhei or wait until 2021 and go after the prodigal son in Teddy to return, if the Tiges can show promise just maybe, we always have hope there.

You could also chase Caleb Aikens from Penrith, great up and comer and will be a gun FB for years.

If we don’t get a FB then we need a winger, Jennings should be on the first bus out of here at the end of the year, Feldt woud be handy, even big Oates would start our sets off well with Nofo doing the same, plus hes great under the high ball.

Hooker, tough one, Liddle, Walters or young Qld kid or do we go for say McCullough for 2 seasons obviously on the outer at the Broncs, brings the experience and defense is quality ?

The Leilua brothers, if they put in another performance like they did against Newcastle they can take a hike, they were why we lost that game, the defence of Luciano is terrible and the brain explosion of BJ is horrendous, hopefully Madge can address this issue with them.

Let’s hope we keep building our quality, experience and depth we are really two or three players off that, you add an Elliott, Welch and Aekins and we make the 8 last year

👍

Left out Ikuvalu as a possible winger pick up a lot of potential there

This year should be the big culling of players so Madge can build the team he needs.Most of the players i would let go are past their best (McQueen Lawrence Jennings Benjie Taylor and Reynolds if he can find somewhere)If Packer dosent improve him too.This would leave a massive hole in our experience level but lets be honest how many of them will be an asset next year?I doubt if any would be.
It would give Madge a real chance of putting together a team

Good thread. I think Benji has another year in him but well and truly taking a backseat to Luke Brooks. Reynolds, Lawrence, McQueen, Jennings can go. I think Blore was purchased with the view of playing lock which spells the end of Taylor potentially. I would take a punt on Welch, ultimate professional, a risk but would come fairly cheap and wants to return to NSW. No chance of Teddy. I think we will eventually move Doueihi into the halves eventually and go hard for a seasoned fullback. Can’t see Madden making it.

👍

@Big-Tooled-Tiger said in 2021 Thoughts and team possibilities:

So in my mind Taylor, McQueen & Lawrence should be playing their last season (could keep Lawrence for another year maybe) to fill that void we need a tough defender and a ball playing backorder two players off contract come to mind in Adam Elliot and John Asiata who would pair up with Garner in the back row, with Luciano off the bench.

If Reynolds goes there isn’t much to replace him possibly Nicho Hynes from the Storm as an up and coming 5/8 who could replace Benji.

If Packet goes we are light on experience up front, possibly Tolman or Tamou to lead the way or go after Welch if he recovers from knee injury well.

Fullback another issue do we fill the gap with Thompson or Douhei or wait until 2021 and go after the prodigal son in Teddy to return, if the Tiges can show promise just maybe, we always have hope there.

You could also chase Caleb Aikens from Penrith, great up and comer and will be a gun FB for years.

If we don’t get a FB then we need a winger, Jennings should be on the first bus out of here at the end of the year, Feldt woud be handy, even big Oates would start our sets off well with Nofo doing the same, plus hes great under the high ball.

Hooker, tough one, Liddle, Walters or young Qld kid or do we go for say McCullough for 2 seasons obviously on the outer at the Broncs, brings the experience and defense is quality ?

The Leilua brothers, if they put in another performance like they did against Newcastle they can take a hike, they were why we lost that game, the defence of Luciano is terrible and the brain explosion of BJ is horrendous, hopefully Madge can address this issue with them.

Let’s hope we keep building our quality, experience and depth we are really two or three players off that, you add an Elliott, Welch and Aekins and we make the 8 last year

Entitled to your opinion but…

Dispute Elliott, Asiata, Aekins or Hynes would add anything more than what we already have. McCulloch, Tolman and Tamou are all 31 and 32 next year…too old. Like Welch but will be a risk with ACL injury. Feldt is 29 … would be a typical Tiger recruit under the previous regime. From what I have seen, Oates is not that great under the high ball. Have seen him spill the pill many times.

You would have no chance of Tedesco, and would we want him back anyway?

Luciano too good for bench and with BJ are too good to be judged on ONE game.

Liddle, Walters and Simpkins are all good contenders for the 9 next year, don’t need another one.

Doueihi will do me as a FB for 2021 and we have a few contenders for Benji’s spot in 2021 already at the club in Walters, Talau, Mbye and Reynolds maybe still with us.

👍

Tolman is garbage and not the type of player Madge would be looking for but quite clearly Madge is investing in top quality youth, the likes of Simpkins, Hoffman, Kei, Stefano, Blore, Madden, Talau…the list goes on, there are others and our Jersey Flegg side is littered with size and talent.

How I see 2021 shaping up…

well you have a nucleus of outside backs and forwards who will be pushing through. The real keys revolve around the number 6 position, probably fullback as well, and hooker.

Love to see Scolari as well for 2021

so many hypotheticals at this point. a lot of which revolve around whether Benji and Cam Smith play on next year. if they do, it goes a long way to sorting out our spine and the stability of the side.

Good thread, but I think we are traking to get credibility back.

With the new facilities and the young crop of players we are shaping to be a regular top 6 club for a few years.

We should be very picky about who we recruit.

We need a good 6 and some discipline.

👍

Yell Nofo to go keep jennings as some depth buy lewis as the five eighth keep douhie at fullback in the front row lets have a look at super league and find a yough english prop we can throw some coin at or do we buy james graham for one year

@Jedi_Tiger said in 2021 Thoughts and team possibilities:

Yell Nofo to go keep jennings as some depth buy lewis as the five eighth keep douhie at fullback in the front row lets have a look at super league and find a yough english prop we can throw some coin at or do we buy james graham for one year

Graham is well past it and has been for 2 years

How many do we let go …12-15

Lets be real with ourselves …how many are NRL standard as far as we match with Storm ,Roosters etc

last edited by happy_tiger

@Jedi_Tiger said in 2021 Thoughts and team possibilities:

James Graham??? Surely you’re kidding.

@happy_tiger said in 2021 Thoughts and team possibilities:

Lets be real with ourselves …how many are NRL standard as far as we match with Storm ,Roosters etc

Assuming Momo has been re-signed… How many you keeping from this list?

Alex Seyfarth
Benji Marshall
Chris Lawrence
Chris McQueen
Dylan Smith
Elijah Taylor
Matt Eisenhuth
Oliver Clark
Paul Momirovski
Robert Jennings
Sam McIntyre

@WT2K said in 2021 Thoughts and team possibilities:

@happy_tiger said in 2021 Thoughts and team possibilities:

Assuming Momo has been re-signed… How many you keeping from this list?

Alex Seyfarth
Benji Marshall
Chris Lawrence
Chris McQueen
Dylan Smith
Elijah Taylor
Matt Eisenhuth
Oliver Clark
Paul Momirovski
Robert Jennings
Sam McIntyre

Maybe Huth if the price is right

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.