Raiders star Bateman permitted to talk...

@Big-Tooled-Tiger said in Raiders star Bateman permitted to talk...:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/raiders/nrl-2020-canberra-raiders-john-bateman-contract-salary-ricky-stuart-isaac-moses/news-story/d23714df8c6bc1a9b784544ef50e4453

Surely we will have ago at him ?

Not IMO.

Good player, has shown the capacity to jump ship for $$$ regardless of what the Raiders have done for him. As a pommy mercenary, he will have no loyalty or long term goal and for what its worth, IMO no sub 100kg forward is worth $800K.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/raiders/nrl-2020-canberra-raiders-john-bateman-contract-salary-ricky-stuart-isaac-moses/news-story/d23714df8c6bc1a9b784544ef50e4453

His reported asking price is absurd imo,i doubt if Madge would be interested.It is becoming far to common for many players to have an unrealistic idea of their value no doubt fueled by greedy manipulating managers

@jadtiger said in Raiders star Bateman permitted to talk...:

His reported asking price is absurd imo,i doubt if Madge would be interested.It is becoming far to common for many players to have an unrealistic idea of their value no doubt fueled by greedy manipulating managers

Not sure about 800k, think that might be a bit rich for an English forward. I’ll have to watch him a bit more closely this year. The stench of Moses stings the nostrils.

👍

@Tcat said in Raiders star Bateman permitted to talk...:

@jadtiger said in Raiders star Bateman permitted to talk...:

Not sure about 800k, think that might be a bit rich for an English forward. I’ll have to watch him a bit more closely this year. The stench of Moses stings the nostrils.

Doesn’t it! For what it’s worth, Bateman flat out denies he has ever asked for a release and basically called Hooper a “shit” journalist.
I also think Hooper is that, but somehow i believe this one does have legs, mainly because of the involvement of the biggest grub associated with the NRL.

@colinbh said in Raiders star Bateman permitted to talk...:

He wants $800,000.00. Still interested?

I want all beautiful women Groveling at my feet beging to take me home
It’s never going to happen
Well not every day for me anyway
Its time some of these players were given performance based contracts
75% base contract
You want the big $
We want a top 4 finish so get us there for another 10%
Get us to a grand final and get the big a bonus 15%
You often see similar in other industries so why not Rugby league
Signing players on big $ only to have them get injured and miss a large portion of games has not worked for us

Don’t make the finals and the Money saved can be added to next year’s cap spend to help the bottom teams strengthen

Just a thought

😂👍👏

@Cairnstigers said in Raiders star Bateman permitted to talk...:

75% base contract
You want the big $
Signing players on big $ only to have them get injured and miss a large portion of games has not worked for us

Don’t make the finals and the Money saved can be added to next year’s cap spend to help the bottom teams strengthen

Just a thought

Definitely not opposed to performance based contracts. Injuries are a grey area, but on field performances as well as off field rubbish should be looked at by clubs and factored into their salary.

When even a Pom doesn’t want to live in Canberra, you know it’s boring.

@Tcat said in Raiders star Bateman permitted to talk...:

@Cairnstigers said in Raiders star Bateman permitted to talk...:

75% base contract
You want the big $

Just a thought

Definitely not opposed to performance based contracts. Injuries are a grey area, but on field performances as well as off field rubbish should be looked at by clubs and factored into their salary.

Same here. There would be a few changes needed regarding the salary cap before such a system could be put into place. Not to mention the player’s union. But it would be nice to have an incentive based salary scheme.

People believe these made up figures and made up articles…it’s mind boggling…

This is pure Moses management 101…oh my client has offers of 800 million dollars at rival Clubs …he’s not happy …he’s asked for a release…4 times …OMG…we the original Club better do something…

Big NO from me … Not at that price anyway.
That kind of money is for a Half , Fullback or a superstar that can carry a team

👍

Can’t see it happening.

800 for Bateman???

NOT A CHANCE.

He is a worker…albeit a very good one…but you do not pay 800 for a worker.

Disappointing the way he has gone about it also…a huge knock on his character.

Any club who signs him for 800 for 3 to 4 years will regret it.

Edit: Having said that…he would be an absolutely classic Canterbury signing. This is what they have done for years…pay massive overs for blokes who have had one decent season. They never learn.

The Bulldogs are the favourites to win his signature given they’re one of the few clubs who will be cashed-up and could offer the $800,000-a-season Bateman’s management team is chasing.

last edited by ElleryHanley

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.