Wests Tigers Team v Cronulla Rd 3

All the Round 3 team news!
Author
Dan Talintyre
Timestamp
Tue 26 May 2020, 04:00 PM

Wests Tigers Coach Michael Maguire has named a new-look side for his team’s Round 3 clash against the Cronulla Sharks at Bankwest Stadium this Saturday (5:30pm AEST).

Wests Tigers local junior Alex Seyfarth has been named to make his first-grade debut off the bench while new recruit Harry Grant will also make his club debut after being named at hooker. Grant will become Wests Tigers Player #231 while Seyfarth will become Wests Tigers Player #232 — the fourth player to make their NRL debut under Maguire at Wests Tigers.

Another local junior in Adam Doueihi will start at fullback with David Nofoaluma and Robert Jennings on the wing, while co-captain Moses Mbye returns from injury to play his first game of the year in the centres alongside new recruit Joseph Leilua.

Luke Brooks returns from a calf injury to partner co-captain Benji Marshall in the halves for the first time this season, with Marshall the only member of the spine to remain from the opening two rounds.

2019 Wests Tigers Rookie of the Year Thomas Mikaele earns his first start of the season after being named at prop with Alex Twal shifting to lock.

Mikaele is replaced on the interchange list by Seyfarth, who joins Billy Walters, Chris Lawrence and Oliver Clark on the bench.

Josh Reynolds, Matt Eisenhuth, Zane Musgrove and Michael Chee Kam have been named amongst the reserves.

Wests Tigers will provide an updated 19-man team list at 5:30pm AEST on Friday, May 29 before finalising their 17-man side one hour prior to kickoff (4:30pm, Saturday).

1 Adam Doueihi
2 David Nofoaluma
3 BJ Leilua
4 Moses Mbye
5 Robert Jennings

6 Benji Marshall
7 Luke Brooks

8 Josh Aloiai
9 Harry Grant
10 Thomas Mikaele
11 Luciano Leilua
12 Luke Garner
13 Alex Twal

14 Oliver Clark
15 Billy Walters
16 Alex Seyfarth
17 Chris Lawrence

18 Josh Reynolds
19 Micheal Chee-Kam
20 Matt Eisenhuth
21 Zane Musgrove

last edited by Geo

Wow 21 for Musgrove. How good must Clark and Seyfarth be!

last edited by JD Tiger

I like Twal at lock, but the bench is a concern for me. Assuming Seyfarth comes on to play lock and Twal shifts to prop. I’m not sure I like the balance of it. Would be much more comfortable with 2 props.

wow guys Twal at lock
good side

👍

Was surprised with Thompson not on the wing

👍

Geez how did Musgrove not end up on the bench?

Signs for the future with the forward pack.

Twal @ lock… giddy up!

Starting side is very strong, the bench not so much.

What I expect to happen is Twal will act as a rotating prop, allowing Seyfarth to play lock.

Im thinking some players were rewarded for the condition that they resumed in , others not so

Okay there it is, the excitement!!

Carn Wests Tigers, go get them!!

👍

I was really impressed with Musgrove in his first two outings.really surprised he missed out
Clarke looked strong,especially in defence towards the end of last season 💪🏽

I love the fact Maguire has made some changes. We were horrendous against the Knights.

I like Twal to lock and Clark onto the bench. Assuming Twal will float to prop when Seyfarth comes on. I still feel the bench is a little out of balance, I’d prefer to carry 2 props into the game and feel Musgrove is incredibly stiff to miss out.

Given there is no reserve grade I wouldn’t be surprised to see rotation of the forwards used each week.

last edited by Fraze23
👍

@JD-Tiger said in Wests Tigers Team v Cronulla Rd 3:

Wow 21 for Musgrove. How good must Clark and Seyfarth be!

Hang on, Clark is in there twice.

Edit: Clark on bench, Chee Kam in 21 in place of second Clark

Yeah forum crapped itself after edit…i’ll fix it in a bit…Clark on bench …Eisenhuth reserves…

Should be fixed now

last edited by Geo

@rex2ce said in Wests Tigers Team v Cronulla Rd 3:

Im thinking some players were rewarded for the condition that they resumed in , others not so

That may well be the case but I was hoping to see Musgrove in the 17, we need some impact off the bench.

@Madge said in Wests Tigers Team v Cronulla Rd 3:

Starting side is very strong, the bench not so much.

What I expect to happen is Twal will act as a rotating prop, allowing Seyfarth to play lock.

Agree on both fronts

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.