Life After Benji

Whether he finishes at the end of this season or in 2021 what do we do after the end of the GOAT?

Possible Options:
New signing?
After we get rid of Reynolds maybe we can afford a decent half to compliment Brooks. As we need Brooks to be the more dominant half so maybe we look to a young half like Phoenix Crossland or Troy Dargan as Souths might not want him.

Jock Madden:
He is ok but we need Brooks to become the more dominant half. Jock Madden might need to be back up for a while I just think he is too small and I don’t think he can replace Benji.

Talau:
He is actually a half but I see him playing centre and being the fire in the backline.

Douehi:
He is also can play in the halves but I don’t know. At this moment in time, he is probably the best option.

Madden is highly rated by some of his peers. Heard a few players talk him up maybe they’ll give him a go. Wouldn’t mind signing a #6 for next year but who’s available

I’d shift Doueihi to 6 and enter the market for a fullback.

There are no decent full backs available.

Give Doueihi a go - hasn’t played a full game for us there yet.

I would give Talau a go, we have Walters in the wings etc.

Centres for next year imo should be BJ and Momo - Mbye at 14.

@Russell said in Life After Benji:

There are no decent full backs available.

Give Doueihi a go - hasn’t played a full game for us there yet.

I would give Talau a go, we have Walters in the wings etc.

Centres for next year imo should be BJ and Momo - Mbye at 14.

With this new rule speeding up the play, MBye could be the best supersub in the game. Coming on and chiming into the backline as a centre or fullback or five-eighth, and doing an passable job at hooker for us in a pinch.

Edit: For next year I mean when Momo is back. Or Talau in the centres.

last edited by JD Tiger

@JoshColeman99 said in Life After Benji:

Madden is highly rated by some of his peers. Heard a few players talk him up maybe they’ll give him a go. Wouldn’t mind signing a #6 for next year but who’s available

Connor Watson is off contract @ the end of this year, wouldn’t mind him.

Pretty sure Drinkwater had won the battle over Clifford at the Cowboys before Morgans surgery and regardless, one of those two will miss out once Morgan is back, so i’d be having a red hot crack at which ever one does miss out as they both have lots of upside.

The good thing about Doueihi is that Madge has the luxury to move him to 6 if a fullback becomes available. I’ve read a few posts claiming Mbye could move to 6. I don’t see that happening.

He is a very good organiser with a fine kicking game. He has the ability to get repeat sets from in goal kicks which is even more important with the rule changes. He can play right side and Brooks left side.

@pawsandclaws1 said in Life After Benji:

He is a very good organiser with a fine kicking game. He has the ability to get repeat sets from in goal kicks which is even more important with the rule changes. He can play right side and Brooks left side.

He’s got some handy footwork and passing too. He’s very small and I’ve not seen how well he can defend, he would have some monsters running at him in first grade

@GNR4LIFE said in Life After Benji:

The good thing about Doueihi is that Madge has the luxury to move him to 6 if a fullback becomes available. I’ve read a few posts claiming Mbye could move to 6. I don’t see that happening.

Gives us the option to sign a fullback or a 5/8. If Doueihi kills it at fullback they may be hesitant to move him though.

I’d say we need to sign somebody with a few years of NRL experience in the halves for sure 😃

Mbye to 6, Talau into centres. Or maybe Talau straight to 6.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.