Wests Tigers and the New Version of Rugby League

How do you see us coping with our current squad

Take the Black ,White and Tangerine Sunnies off

I’m trying not to be negative , but I damn scared , real damn scared

Why shouldn’t I be worried …

@innsaneink said in Wests Tigers and the New Version of Rugby League:

Real dramatic too

Well that helped …you’ve obviously got us undefeated the next 18 weeks

A good running half, a nippy hooker and a fairly mobile pack of forwards should put us in good stead I reckon. Lack of speed in the backline is still our achilles heel though.

No worse than we’ve done over the last 7 years. It can’t get any scarier.

@happy_tiger said in Wests Tigers and the New Version of Rugby League:

How do you see us coping with our current squad

Take the Black ,White and Tangerine Sunnies off

I’m trying not to be negative , but I damn scared , real damn scared

Why shouldn’t I be worried …

Don’t worry, you have no control over it. Pointless in worrying. Let’s just wait until we actually play a game. I think they’ll go alright. Young mobile pack. A running half. A legend at 5/8. A borrowed hooker who is supposed to be a gunn. A new tall lanky fullback. Centres are OK. It’s all there. We are weak on the wings, Jennings in particular. Bench is mobile as well with Lawrence probably the weakest, that tells me the bench will go OK.

We should have a good idea by about 7.30pm tomorrow night. From what I have seen over the last three games…we may struggle. In saying that I have not seen our new spine in action.
I just think you need speed to burn and a super fit mobile pack and that’s not us

We’ve had a tiny pack for a decade, we finally get a big pack and the rules change to become suited to smaller packs again. Typical.
We need pace in the backs. We’ve got none. We need faster juniors too.

Fitness factor
Teams seem to be able to put more points in the second half
Its the battle of the fittest
Completion rates
And discipline

Real dramatic too

… and you’ve obviously got your panties bunched… It’s not like this topic hasn’t been discussed yet

Real dramatic too

… and you’ve obviously got your panties bunched… It’s not like this topic hasn’t been discussed yet

Not really …it just seems like 2006 again …the minute we seem to getting close to what it takes / needs

From what I’ve seen we have gone from a genuine Top 8 chance to a bottom 4 near certainty

Real dramatic too

Not really …it just seems like 2006 again …the minute we seem to getting close to what it takes / needs

From what I’ve seen we have gone from a genuine Top 8 chance to a bottom 4 near certainty

And all this before we’ve played a game…

Our season will be defined by these first 2 rounds back. If we don’t win both we’re no chance of making the 8. I’m still scarred from the knights game and the complete lack of commitment shown in defence. Nofoaluma not contesting bombs, to the shirt grabbing by Leilua and Benji. Even against the Dragons the right edge was flimsy and if they hadn’t of bombed those tries at the end we’d be deservedly 0 and 2.

I honestly can’t see us making the 8. I don’t think we have enough punch in the forwards and I can’t see our defence improving after 3 weeks of training after isolation.

I like the juniors coming through, but we might have to wait a couple of years to reap the rewards from that investment.

I also think we’re short a heard headed, experienced forward. It’s a shame that Packer lost his ticker. Fully fit and determined he’d be just what we need.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme