Mbye

I still don’t get the purpose he serves as a player. He’s just…there. He”s not a strike centre. He’s there cos Madge has no other position for him. He’s the most confusing player i’ve ever come across. He’s a captain, playing out of position because there are better options in his preferred positions. There’s constant talk the club could be looking to offload him, yet he’s the only player in the club whose an incumbent Origin player. This isn’t meant to be a thread to bash him, I like him, he belongs somewhere, but where?

last edited by GNR4LIFE

I like him at centre. Defends well and runs good lines, we have so much strike on our right edge having a more solid and safe left edge doesn’t bother me. Think he’s a 5/8 more than anything though

his defence is outstanding he doesnt offer much in attack but him brooks and jennings hold that side well

I like him in the centres but he will have to take a massive pay cut on his next contract.

@GNR4LIFE said in Mbye:

I still don’t get the purpose he serves as a player. He’s just…there. He”s not a strike centre. He’s there cos Madge has no other position for him. He’s the most confusing player i’ve ever come across. He’s a captain, playing out of position because there are better options in his preferred positions. There’s constant talk the club could be looking to offload him, yet he’s the only player in the club whose an incumbent Origin player. This isn’t meant to be a thread to bash him, I like him, he belongs somewhere, but where?

We were obviously targeting the Sharks RHS …Mbye ran the ball with gusto and defended well …Douehi’s two cut out passes when we go through the hands and score comfortably didn’t help

We should have had that game on ice within the 1st 25-30 minutes

I reckon he is a solid center but both centers didnt get much opportunity last night.

You could substitute him for a cardboard cutout from the “crowd” in attack and nobody would notice any difference. Based on his stats he contributed less than anyone in the team, not what you expect from the captain.

If only BJ could play on the left hand side…switching him and Mbye would help…but he can’t…

Mbye was good last night…created a few opportunities for Jennings …very solid in defence…

Has speed which we lack…would like to see him rove a bit more in the middle…

What gives you that impression Geo?

When we signed Joey he mentioned the left side is his preferred and he only played on the right at Canberra out of necessity.

I would have preferred an Mbye / Joey swap as oppose to a Garner / Lucy swap.

@Geo said in Mbye:

If only BJ could play on the left hand side…switching him and Mbye would help…but he can’t…

Mbye was good last night…created a few opportunities for Jennings …very solid in defence…

Has speed which we lack…would like to see him rove a bit more in the middle…

Hopefully with Luciano on the left side Mbye can benefit from some of his offloads. Like you said Mbye is actually pretty quick

His First game in 10months he’s just said on the radio

@WT2K said in Mbye:

Wasn’t bad at all considering he hasn’t played in that long

@WT2K said in Mbye:

He played in the Warriors trial.

I thought he was brilliant defensively, his first contact and stick on Ramien was outstanding. In saying that, I agree with others saying that an attack of Mbye and Jennings is boring. He is a good centre who can set someone up, that’s if he has someone exciting outside of him. I like him as a centre.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme