ANZ Stadium Rebuild Cancelled

The NRL got shafted. They get a stadium that didn’t need rebuilding and the one that needed to be rebuilt gets nothing done to it.
I wonder what Vlandys thoughts on a Brissy gf are.

last edited by gallagher

Wonder how much of that 3 billion infrastructure funding ends up as a private asset.

@Cultured_Bogan said in ANZ Stadium Rebuild Cancelled:

Wonder how much of that 3 billion infrastructure funding ends up as a private asset.

Probably rebuild Spotless and gift it to the AFL.

ANZ is a dump, always has been. Good move.
How much work has been done on it as far as the rebuild goes?

I posted 6 months ago that this was not going ahead in this political cycle … there will not be a re modelling of this stadium .
It will be demolished and the best stadium in the country will be built … no time frame giving but some time away ! Probably the best way to go in the long term !

@Fade-To-Black said in ANZ Stadium Rebuild Cancelled:

I don’t think anything had started

@gallagher said in ANZ Stadium Rebuild Cancelled:

The NRL got shafted. They get a stadium that didn’t need rebuilding and the one that needed to be rebuilt gets nothing done to it.

To be honest with so many excellent stadiums around the country the GF should go to the highest bidder just as the Super bowl is !

Allianz was the dump, they can throw all their funding at it but it will not change the fact that the infrastructure around it (ie transport and parking) is non-existent and geographically nobody wants to go there. Add the SCG to that too, history is for dinosaurs.

@Fade-To-Black said in ANZ Stadium Rebuild Cancelled:

I don’t think anything had started

Correct, the stadium is untouched, nothing started.

@Snake said in ANZ Stadium Rebuild Cancelled:

To be honest with so many excellent stadiums around the country the GF should go to the highest bidder just as the Super bowl is !

It feels like something Vlanys would implement. Wouldn’t bother me.

Great idea, play it in Adelaide or Hobart if they are the highest bidder.

Bugger the fans, who cares about them.

This post is deleted!

@Russell said in ANZ Stadium Rebuild Cancelled:

Which fans? Brisbane vs Nth Qld in Sydney was not convenient for those team’s supporters. Make an event of it. Move it around like the US superbowl. Like the origin games played outside NSW & QLD fans will travel for it.

If you do not have a ticket by the time the Grand finalists are confirmed, it is unlikely that you will be able to get one.

last edited by Harvey

@Russell said in ANZ Stadium Rebuild Cancelled:

The majority of fans watch the GF on Tv or other medians that’s the new world we live in !

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.