Grant vs Smith

With both games back to back facilitating ready comparison,whilst Smith still had the vision and organizational skills,he is way too slow to be a threat running out from dummy half under the new rules,and Bellamy wldnt have missed this.
Enjoy Grant while weve got him…which will be just this yearI suspect.Plus Bellyache needs to rejuvenate his aging forward pack,and find a couple of decent centres
Having said that,Walters was pretty good tho…and maybe he and Liddle…?

Grant being on loan isn’t news

@GNR4LIFE said in Grant vs Smith:

Grant being on loan isn’t news

I’ll tell you what I didn’t know until the other day …if Smith re-signs the loan can be extended …it may not be a one off one year deal

The option is in our favour

last edited by happy_tiger

If Liddle can get healthy and stay healthy he will shine under this new system. Him and Walters will be a good one two punch.

Early days but can’t see Smith going around again next year so I guess Grant will be heading south as per the load agreement. Of course what is a contract or a agreement in the NRL, anything could happen come November

@Fade-To-Black said in Grant vs Smith:

If Liddle can get healthy and stay healthy he will shine under this new system. Him and Walters will be a good one two punch.

Look I know it was his 1st game , but Grant defensively is far better imo

@supercoach said in Grant vs Smith:

Early days but can’t see Smith going around again next year so I guess Grant will be heading south as per the load agreement. Of course what is a contract or a agreement in the NRL, anything could happen come November

I didn’t watch the Canberra game …did Smith play well ??

@happy_tiger said in Grant vs Smith:

Haha…nope😀👌
Now his reffing has been nullified, he’s buggered😂

😂

He had some good moments, even ran from dummy half a couple of times. His passing from dummy half is still the best in the game. He also seemed to get away with slowing down the ruck more than anyone else, lots of bending attackers legs while they were on the ground and lying on them.

Mate he still has a great football brain, but I thought he had slowed up and was not as decisive out of D/H. Although you never knock champions as you usually end up with egg on your face

Smith has grown a beard … he is halfway out the door! He will do it tough as Melbourne relied on the wrestle , that’s gone and it was evident last night … could not stop the rampaging a Raiders .

last edited by Snake

Think this new game of Rugba League will force him into retirement at the end of the year.

@Russell said in Grant vs Smith:

Think this new game of Rugba League will force him into retirement at the end of the year.

Yes I agree. Sadly for us though as it means they’ll want Grant back.

If Harry Grant goes back to Melbourne and Liddle isn’t what we expect him to be, where does that leave Brandon Smith?

I’d happily take him

Grant was huge for us last night and I would love for the tigers to keep him
But,if the Storm get him back
Will Simpkin be ready?
He has had pretty similar wraps on him.i remember reading he was the best young hooker in QLD

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.