Blockerisms

Listening to Blocker commentating provides quite a few laughs. Thought i would start a Blockerisms thread. Two standouts in Warriors v Saints game.

" Saints havent played that badly."

Warriors leading 18 - 0 with 5 mins to play get a penalty on half way. Blocker says

" This will give the Warriors a chance to close the game out. "

😂

When a team kicks the ball dead in goal, his favourite line “this gives the opposition an easy walk to the 20”. I don’t know of too many teams who take an easy walk. Most are sprinting to get on the front foot.

I’ve heard him claim teams are out on their feet 5 minutes into games.

Years ago when he was on 2GB he was calling a game where Josh Perry and Marcus Bai got into a push and shove. He said something along the lines of “ha ha Marcus son, I’d think twice if I were you. You’re a winger taking on a front rower”. Bai’s arms were like tree trunks and was probably bigger than Perry, who was shaped like a nugget.

Another good one, only from a year two ago when a player was going off with a neck injury, he says “That will be a HIA. Your neck is apart of your head isn’t it”

last edited by GNR4LIFE

I remember there use to be or still is a Laurie Daley thread with Daleyisms. Both have had one too many head knocks

Love Blocker. A simple man from a simpler time. One of the toughest blokes to play the game. Brings an 80’s mindset to a politically correct mad modern world. Not a bad thing imo.

@Tiger_Steve said in Blockerisms:

Love Blocker. A simple man from a simpler time. One of the toughest blokes to play the game. Brings an 80’s mindset to a politically correct mad modern world. Not a bad thing imo.

I like listening to Blocker. Too many ex playmaker commentators who like to make the obvious seem like they are the only ones that can see it, or predict it.

In the manly V dogs game he says “one day out from winter and there is not one breath of fresh air”. Trying to describe a beautiful night weatherwise.

@Tiger_Steve said in Blockerisms:

I’ve met Blocker when I was a kid, really nice bloke. My Dad’s uncle was handicapped and Blocker treated him very kindly as well.

Tonights game - Ben Teo to come on - Blocker says - " someone has got to tem the stide." Is that Olde English.

😂

@diedpretty said in Blockerisms:

Tonights game - Ben Teo to come on - Blocker says - " someone has got to tem the stide." Is that Olde English.

I noticed that too. He didn’t correct himself, maybe hoped no one would notice.

In last week’s game vs Titans he accidentally called either Jennings or Nofo ‘Marsters’

You know what I notice about Blocker, he sounds like he’s an idiot, but if you actually listen properly to what he says, his analysis is as legitimate and accurate as most of the other commentators going around.

I’d rather Block than Ennis or Anasta or half the other losers Fox are sticking into support commentary.

@jirskyr said in Blockerisms:

You know what I notice about Blocker, he sounds like he’s an idiot, but if you actually listen properly to what he says, his analysis is as legitimate and accurate as most of the other commentators going around.

I’d rather Block than Ennis or Anasta or half the other losers Fox are sticking into support commentary.

Yeah, he was moulded into a moron while on the footy show and is still patting for it. I don’t mind him.

I’d rather listen to Blocker than Freddy and Joey. Two of the biggest mongs on TV.

@jirskyr said in Blockerisms:

Blocker is a better commentator than all the queenslanders and anasta put together

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.