Bwaifff

Hi guys,

Can someone please tell me how on earth Braith Anasta works as a commentator.?The bloke is an absolute flog.

Not sure sand
But I loathe him,I’ve put music on before instead of listening to him speak.

Half the commentary teams for for both Fox and 9 are unlistenable. Even Voss has turned to crap. Suddenly starting to realise why so many hate him.

He spoke positively about our the hookers, halves and fullback. Also said positive things about the props. He carries on with decisions about dropped balls but overall he was ok.

I genuinely thought for the first time ever that his commentary on Saturday was slightly above average. he was right on a few different things and picked up some stuff the average viewer wouldn’t. don’t get me wrong, I hate him and his self bought medical tape and Gatorade powder, but I thought he was tolerable on the weekend.

I normally dislike his commentary but thought he was pretty positive towards us on sat night.

I find the coverage of games to be very poor. The problem is that many of the so-called commentators continually babble on giving their views on anything, but forget TO CALL THE GAME. I am a big fan of the coverage of Premier League Football, where the caller concentrates on the players. Typically,…
Grant, Marshall, Mbye and back to Grant coming through on the inside…
My wife is almost blind and cannot recognise even some of the Tigers players let alone the opposition players. With fairly good sight, there are many times where I am not sure, who the player with the ball is.

last edited by MightyMaggy

The standard of commentators on Fox (by default Kayo) is absolutely pathetic.

Apart from a couple you would not feed any of them. Thinking Warren Smith, Ginnane and Voss (but only if he shuts up with his drivel and calls the game).

The so called experts are beyond pathetic - (apart from Ben Ikin and maybe Ennis). Because you were a good player does not mean you are a good commentator. One comes along every now and then. Anasta, Meninga and Hindmarsh spring to mind as a waste of space. Whats with all the women being “Anchor Ladies,” apart from keeping up the female percentage. You need to know what you are talking about and apart from Yvonne Sampson the rest are hopeless.

The problem is that Fox and Kayo are going to force people to skip pre and post game inane chatter that they try and fill for an hour when it all could be said in 15 minutes. They are trying very hard also to force you into turning the volume off whilst watching the game to avoid the idiotic rubbish that they go on with between mentioning the odd player.

Oh! for the days of Frank Hyde and Tiger Black - now they were commentators.

@Russell said in Bwaifff:

Apart from a couple you would not feed any of them. Thinking Warren Smith, Ginnane and Voss (but only if he shuts up with his drivel and calls the game).

The so called experts are beyond pathetic - (apart from Ben Ikin and maybe Ennis). Because you were a good player does not mean you are a good commentator. One comes along every now and then. Anasta, Meninga and Hindmarsh spring to mind as a waste of space. Whats with all the women being “Anchor Ladies,” apart from keeping up the female percentage. You need to know what you are talking about and apart from Yvonne Sampson the rest are hopeless.

The problem is that Fox and Kayo are going to force people to skip pre and post game inane chatter that they try and fill for an hour when it all could be said in 15 minutes. They are trying very hard also to force you into turning the volume off whilst watching the game to avoid the idiotic rubbish that they go on with between mentioning the odd player.

I never watch the pre game talkathon. I usually start watching 5 mins before kickoff if watching live. If watching later I just fast forward to kickoff. I got tired of watching all the pre game stuff when it became just the same rubbish every week. Certain players and certain teams always talked up and ignore the rest.

@diedpretty said in Bwaifff:

@Russell said in Bwaifff:

I never watch the pre game talkathon. I usually start watching 5 mins before kickoff if watching live. If watching later I just fast forward to kickoff. I got tired of watching all the pre game stuff when it became just the same rubbish every week. Certain players and certain teams always talked up and ignore the rest.

I agree but what I am saying is that they are forcing you not to watch.

It would be nice to turn on 15 minutes before and hear an unbiased authoritive discussion on the game, any relevant information and then watch the game with a decent commentator with the odd informative opinion by an expert who knew what he was talking about with no rubbish or jokes.

Pigs might fly hey!

last edited by Russell

i agree - too many egos to stroke unfortunately. They should take a leaf out of the Super League coverage in UK.

Whilst I realize the Fox talent pool is needs to be shared across all the games, getting Anasta to call our games is a bit much. Who else remembers when he put the slipper into us after he retired, serves us right for extending his career for two disappointing seasons. Not only that, but I don’t think he either watches the game or has a feel for it, or the tigers, referring to Moylan as arguably the best player on the field, describing the tigers as completely dominating the game (did he watch the first half) or his man crush on Mulitalo.

Has nothing to say and says it too loudly.

it really hit home this weekend on how bad the commentary is in general for R/L. I cringed every time they tried to relate the game to something american so “new viewers” could understand or they had some over the top colloquialism. The games in general were all great and should of been enough. Sometimes less is more fella’s.

Ben Ikin was very good I thought on the panel but then they put Hindmarsh next to him. That guy has nothing to offer, seems like a fool to me.

Hindmarsh and Fletcher are just a pack of bafoons that really offer nothing to the game. I guess league commentary has always had these types because they think we are impressed with their predictable humour.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.