Four new suburban stadiums or grand final will go

It is also quite interesting that Wests Magpies Pty Ltd hold the 90% share in Wests Tigers (Wests Magpies is owned 66% Wests Ashfield and 33% WSDRLC. I know it doesn’t make much difference, just found it interesting.

👍

So what is Wests Tigers Macarthur JRL ?

Western Suburbs DJRL rebranded?

Lol… Amazing

@innsaneink said in Four new suburban stadiums or grand final will go:

Lol… Amazing

Yes…

Lol… Amazing

Wests Tigers Macarthur Junior Rugby League (formerly Westerns Suburbs District Junior Rugby League)
Wests Junior League (Grass Roots kids footy in the Liverpool and Campbelltown LGAs)
has been separated from WSDRLFC since 1996.

Wests Magpies and Wests Ashfield have no involvement or control in their decision making.

They are company with their own constitution currently under administration of the NSWRL

In late 2018, Western Suburbs District Junior Rugby League was renamed to
Wests Tigers Macarthur Junior Rugby League to be better reflective of the
geographic location in Sydney and demonstrate connection to (and benefit from)
the Wests Tigers Brand.

If they were inclusive it would be Wests Tigers for CC if we did in fact want to move forward
We are not the Roosters using a feeder club like Newtown etc
Wests Magpies are Wests Tigers it just doesnt make much sense
If the shoe was on the other foot and we had a Balmain reserve grade only then im sure people would be just as opinionated.

@Jedi_Tiger said in Four new suburban stadiums or grand final will go:

If they were inclusive it would be Wests Tigers for CC if we did in fact want to move forward
If the shoe was on the other foot and we had a Balmain reserve grade only then im sure people would be just as opinionated.

We used to, in a sense.

Its not that big a deal imo… But I do find it ironic the Wests juniors are now Tigers… Quite funny really… And balmain jnrs now supported by magpies and wearing a magpie… Crazy and sums up our club really
Dysfunctional

👍

sheens had the silly idea of putting all good players in balmain side for CC that was dumb however you did still have magpies in CC too.
it just seems a link to the past that wont seem to be changed to wests tigers

If I were Vlandy’s one of the major changes I would make (he cant now because of Covid) is FORCE the NRL clubs to have a proper reserve grade. Not Qld Cup & CC. On game day Wests Tigers reggies should be playing Titans Reggies.

Wont happen now because of covid and they wont wear the additional cost next year, but I think that would make a huge difference.

We used to, in a sense.

Its not that big a deal imo… But I do find it ironic the Wests juniors are now Tigers… Quite funny really… And balmain jnrs now supported by magpies and wearing a magpie… Crazy and sums up our club really
Dysfunctional

Thats one way of looking at it. The other way is that slowly over time we are actually becoming one complete JV, the way it should happen.

sheens had the silly idea of putting all good players in balmain side for CC that was dumb however you did still have magpies in CC too.

Bit like persisting with LO when there are numerous modern stadiums not too far away.

@gallagher said in Four new suburban stadiums or grand final will go:

Bit like persisting with LO when there are numerous modern stadiums not too far away.

Im starting to think you are not a fan of Leichhardt Gal…

Not too far back we had a topic thread for WT to pick a homeground from the options of Leichhardt, Campbelltown, Homebush and Parra Bankwest or even Sydney Central.

There was no clear winner amongst the forum opinion of the choices but I’d say the general agreed bits were:

• needs to be close to public transport
  • have good amenities
  • have good corporate facilities
  • near to affiliated club facilities for social
  • linked in some manner to our training facilities & upcoming COE at Concord.

Not sure how having Campbelltown imposed on WT by NRL HQ & State Govt without membership and fan base discussion very wise. Everyone of the options had pros and cons. It would be good to see these openly discussed by a club led forum and decision made whilst there is time to negotiate with NRL HQ and State Govt.

I suppose the first query I have is where does our fanbase come from i.e- what percentage inner west or outer south west, Campbelltown way and how easily does public transport link those from the inner west to Campbelltown or those from Campbelltown to the inner West options.

What ever we choose we have to stop being the wandering minstrals and have just 1 home ground. also agree with the general point of having shared homegrounds with a couple of other Sydney clubs- my only but to that is Parra Bankwest is not great for us IMHO. I would like to see a clearly announced policy of the NRL to go to shared grounds with them announcing what clubs should have facilities shared and then lead discussions by those groups of clubs to come to the common ground on what facility to upgrade for each group.

My groupings would be:

Penrith, Parra & Manly
WT & Canterbury
Saints & Cronulla
Roosters & Souths

That way everyone has to share and there are no clear standalone winners.

@2005magic said in Four new suburban stadiums or grand final will go:

Not too far back we had a topic thread for WT to pick a homeground from the options of Leichhardt, Campbelltown, Homebush and Parra Bankwest or even Sydney Central.

There was no clear winner amongst the forum opinion of the choices but I’d say the general agreed bits were:

• needs to be close to public transport
  • have good amenities
  • have good corporate facilities
  • near to affiliated club facilities for social
  • linked in some manner to our training facilities & upcoming COE at Concord.

Not sure how having Campbelltown imposed on WT by NRL HQ & State Govt without membership and fan base discussion very wise. Everyone of the options had pros and cons. It would be good to see these openly discussed by a club led forum and decision made whilst there is time to negotiate with NRL HQ and State Govt.

I suppose the first query I have is where does our fanbase come from i.e- what percentage inner west or outer south west, Campbelltown way and how easily does public transport link those from the inner west to Campbelltown or those from Campbelltown to the inner West options.

What ever we choose we have to stop being the wandering minstrals and have just 1 home ground. also agree with the general point of having shared homegrounds with a couple of other Sydney clubs- my only but to that is Parra Bankwest is not great for us IMHO. I would like to see a clearly announced policy of the NRL to go to shared grounds with them announcing what clubs should have facilities shared and then lead discussions by those groups of clubs to come to the common ground on what facility to upgrade for each group.

My groupings would be:

Penrith, Parra & Manly
WT & Canterbury
Saints & Cronulla
Roosters & Souths

That way everyone has to share and there are no clear standalone winners.

Manly with Penrith? Odd choice

Not trying to start a Forum meltdown , but is it worth putting money into Leichhardt if you can’t fix the issues of easy transport to and from games

@happy_tiger said in Four new suburban stadiums or grand final will go:

Not trying to start a Forum meltdown , but is it worth putting money into Leichhardt if you can’t fix the issues of easy transport to and from games

Good grief Happy, are you after a tar and feathering?😁 I don’t mind your suggestion but realistically changes will be modest.

last edited by pawsandclaws1

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.