Wests Tigers Team v Gold Coast Rd 4

All the Round 4 team news!
Author
Dan Talintyre
Timestamp
Tue 2 Jun 2020, 03:44 PM

Wests Tigers Coach Michael Maguire has named an unchanged team for his side’s Round 4 clash against the Gold Coast Titans this Sunday.

Playing at Suncorp Stadium on Sunday night — the Titans’ new home under COVID-19 measures — Wests Tigers will head into the clash with the same 17 that produced a strong win over Cronulla in Round 3, with week’s club debutants Harry Grant and Alex Seyfarth both retaining their spots in the side.

Josh Reynolds, Michael Chee Kam, Corey Thompson and Matt Eisenhuth round out the 21-man squad having been named as reserves.

Wests Tigers will provide an updated 19-man team list at 6:30pm AEST on Saturday, June 6 before finalising their 17-man side one hour prior to kickoff.

1 Adam Doueihi
2 David Nofoaluma
3 BJ Leilua
4 Moses Mbye
5 Robert Jennings

6 Benji Marshall
7 Luke Brooks

8 Josh Aloiai
9 Harry Grant
10 Thomas Mikaele
11 Luciano Leilua
12 Luke Garner
13 Alex Twal

14 Oliver Clark
15 Billy Walters
16 Alex Seyfarth
17 Chris Lawrence

18 Josh Reynolds
19 Micheal Chee-Kam
20 Matt Eisenhuth
21 Corey Thompson

last edited by Geo

Looking forward to seeing them tough out a good hard game and put in a hefty margin over the Titans.

Hopefully we put a big margin on for our for and against

Not suprising,lets hope they can put it together for 80 mins

A good chance this week to show our right side defence can get the job done. If they can’t get it done this week we are in real trouble when we face the Raiders.

👍

As expected. Game like this will tell me if we’ve progressed or not.

Bench has to change IMO. Really added nothing, and yes I know it’s hard to make changes to a winning side.

Hopefully a late switch or two.

I’m still concerned about the bench. It almost let us down against the Sharks. We lost all momentum when Aloiai and Mikaele came off and I still don’t see any balance in that bench. Seyfarth for mine wasn’t bad enough to lose his spot, but I don’t think he did enough to retain it.

We can’t underestimate the Titans as they’ve had the wood on us the last few years and they’ve still got some sizeable and handy forwards. I fear this bench is going to cost us.

@Fraze23 said in Wests Tigers Team v Gold Coast Rd 4:

I’m still concerned about the bench. It almost let us down against the Sharks. We lost all momentum when Aloiai and Mikaele came off and I still don’t see any balance in that bench. Seyfarth for mine wasn’t bad enough to lose his spot, but I don’t think he did enough to retain it.

We can’t underestimate the Titans as they’ve had the wood on us the last few years and they’ve still got some sizeable and handy forwards. I fear this bench is going to cost us.

Which is why I wrote the post questioning Musgrove’s omission. We need his aggression at the 20-25 minute mark. Maybe his defence is too loose??

WARNING: whenever we start posting about hoping to ‘put on heaps of points’ we get smashed. PLEASE, stop these posts immediately. You have been warned!

😂👍👏

@Tiger_Steve said in Wests Tigers Team v Gold Coast Rd 4:

Which is why I wrote the post questioning Musgrove’s omission. We need his aggression at the 20-25 minute mark. Maybe his defence is too loose??

Maybe Madge doesn’t want to change a winning formula??

@OzLuke said in Wests Tigers Team v Gold Coast Rd 4:

Maybe Madge doesn’t want to change a winning formula??

Mate who am I to argue with Madge? He would have his reasons.

Hard to change a winning team. Musgrove probably not mobile enough for these new rules - I’m sure Madge is telling him to drop some kilos and improve his fitness and he’ll be back thought Clark was solid but didn’t see Seyfarth do much

I’d wager he came back from isolation a bit on the heavy side and Seyfarth ripped into training. I’d prefer to see a prop rotation that balances Aggression and work rate. I’m not sure what the reason is, but I’m sure it will bring us undone at some point.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.