2nd side in Brisbane , 17th side

Personally , Redcliffe just isn’t a realistic option

They have done a heap of work but their Stadium is only 15 k ,population base is only 50 k as well ,Redcliffe is a fair hike to Brisbane and public transport infrastructure couldn’t deal with that many fans travelling to Brisbane

Easts are hated by many of the old BRL fans and won’t attract enough fans

Sanity says Ipswich , play them out of Suncorp

Would promoting a QLD cup team hinder them getting a large supporter base? Surely they would be playing out of Suncorp?

Slater makes a valid point about player depth and diluting talent. I can’t see this being successful without an existing team being cut.

@pawsandclaws1 said in 2nd side in Brisbane , 17th side:

Slater makes a valid point about player depth and diluting talent. I can’t see this being successful without an existing team being cut.

Maybe his club in their 20 odd years could have developed some Melbourne juniors.

@gallagher said in 2nd side in Brisbane , 17th side:

Maybe his club in their 20 odd years could have developed some Melbourne juniors.

Agreed. Do you believe there are too many teams in the Bondi -Redfern corridor?

Perhaps a reporter could ask Mr Vlandys what the optics would be on a. Rooster-Rabbit merge.

last edited by pawsandclaws1
👏

Perhaps a reporter could ask Mr Vlandys what the optics would be on a. Rooster-Rabbit merge.

Sounds like two too many already in that corridor for mine.

Would promoting a QLD cup team hinder them getting a large supporter base? Surely they would be playing out of Suncorp?

Redcliffe Dolphins are an existing side , but it is probably 60 kms from Suncorp

They have upgraded their home ground and a few A League games have been played there

Ipswich makes the most sense , about 200 k population , no issues with Brisbane

My thing with an extra Brisbane club is this …you are either a broncos fan or support a club pre broncos …what Brisbane fans of rugby league would switch allegiances …

Ipswich you’d support your own town , your own club and with the history of Ipswich superstar rugby league players who would attract talent and fans to the club

Also there is a hatred between Ipswich and Brisbane …lies underneath the surface …but promoted well and it would become like Souths / Roosters , Wests / Manly

Too many teams between Rosehill and Westmead.

@happy_tiger said in 2nd side in Brisbane , 17th side:

Redcliffe Dolphins are an existing side , but it is probably 60 kms from Suncorp

They have upgraded their home ground and a few A League games have been played there

My thing with an extra Brisbane club is this …you are either a broncos fan or support a club pre broncos …what Brisbane fans of rugby league would switch allegiances …

Ipswich you’d support your own town , your own club and with the history of Ipswich superstar rugby league players who would attract talent and fans to the club

Also there is a hatred between Ipswich and Brisbane …lies underneath the surface …but promoted well and it would become like Souths / Roosters , Wests / Manly

Called the jets?

Called the jets?

Probably the only serious issue …switch the name …wouldn’t be hard Jets could be their history …like Balmain and Wests are our history

Called the jets?

If they decided to make Ipswich a Stadium , where the current ground is perfectly positioned , 400 metres to the train station and a huge area they could build a massive stadium

Called the jets?

If they decided to make Ipswich a Stadium , where the current ground is perfectly positioned , 400 metres to the train station and a huge area they could build a massive stadium

Would that attract fans in Brisbane or just Ipswich people? Its sounds a bit Campbelltown ish, in that you’d be concentrating on just one area.

Called the jets?

Would that attract fans in Brisbane or just Ipswich people? Its sounds a bit Campbelltown ish, in that you’d be concentrating on just one area.

But many Ipswich fans would be Broncos fans

As I said you won’t attract enough fans / members to a 2nd Brisbane franchise and none of the current BRL sides would attract enough fans / members

Ipswich kills two birds with one stone

Called the jets?

But many Ipswich fans would be Broncos fans

As I said you won’t attract enough fans / members to a 2nd Brisbane franchise and none of the current BRL sides would attract enough fans / members

Ipswich kills two birds with one stone

I don’t quite follow. Will the Ipswich Broncos fans change allegiances?

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.