Fans at footy next week?

I just heard a news grab saying fans to return to NRL games next week. Waiting for details. Anyone know anything?

Nada, haven’t heard a thing.

This post is deleted!

By Adrian Proszenko
June 5, 2020 — 4.44pm
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Whatsapp
Send via Email
Normal text sizeLarger text sizeVery large text size
Leave a comment
Fans will return to the football from next Thursday after the government gave the NRL permission for stadiums to cater for customers in the same way as pubs and clubs across NSW.

Manly’s clash with Brisbane at Central Coast Stadium will mark the first time that limited numbers from the public will be able to attend live games.

The NSW government has allowed pubs, clubs, cafes and restaurants to have up to 50 customers, subject to a one person per-four-square metre rule, with strict social-distancing measures.

Crowds will begin returning to the NRL next week.
Crowds will begin returning to the NRL next week.CREDIT:AAP
Rugby league stadiums will now come under the same rules, allowing fans to return to the football next week. The NRL aims to welcome back larger crowd numbers from July 1.

More to come

I think its more for sponsors and corporate types, which is a start they are saying the same rules that apply to pubs ect will apply there

Edit V’landys is a genius or he’s sleeping with someone in Government, maybe Gladys 😄

last edited by The_Doc

NSW Government greenlight return for NRL fans by Thursday
By WWOS staff
31 minutes ago

‘The first time the fans see the players should be when they run out’

Fans will be able to attend the NRL from next Thursday after the government granted permission for stadiums to cater in the same way as pubs and clubs across NSW.

Nine’s Chief Rugby League reporter Danny Weidler reported that the reintroduction of crowds will initially be in a limited capacity.

Currently up to 50 customers, abiding by one person per-four-square metres, with strict social-distancing measures are allowed to visit pubs and bars.
Fans pack into Leichhardt Oval to watch a pivotal final round clash between the Tigers and Sharks in 2019. (Getty)

It’s the same set of health laws that will be applied to designated areas of stadiums during live matches.

“We’re very pleased the government have corrected the anomaly, because this was allowed in pubs, clubs and racecourses but not sports stadiums,” ARL Commission chairman Peter V’landys told AAP.

NRL clubs will be allowed to have patrons in corporate boxes at matches in NSW stadiums.

Manly’s clash with Brisbane at Central Coast Stadium will mark the first time that limited numbers from the public will be able to attend live games.

Yep corporates only. I really don’t know the answer but gee I’d like to feel as valued as a corporate. I’ve been giving my money to the club for years. Yet apart from a squashy seat I don’t feel part of the club at all . Now the corporates get to drink Crownies at the game next week while the people that truly love the club are sent emails asking us to pledge money. I’m whinging I know but it really burns me up to be honest.

@Tiger_Steve said in Fans at footy next week?:

Yep corporates only. I really don’t know the answer but gee I’d like to feel as valued as a corporate. I’ve been giving my money to the club for years. Yet apart from a squashy seat I don’t feel part of the club at all . Now the corporates get to drink Crownies at the game next week while the people that truly love the club are sent emails asking us to pledge money. I’m whinging I know but it really burns me up to be honest.

I once absolutely cracked it at the club when on the Friday before our 1st home game for the season they posted a story on the club webpage about how Allied Express had delivered all the corporate tickets to their sponsors to ensure they had them for the 1st game of the season. Meanwhile a heap of supporters, including myself, had still yet to receive their season tickets that were ordered 6 months earlier. I lost it over that.

@cochise said in Fans at footy next week?:

I once absolutely cracked it at the club when on the Friday before our 1st home game for the season they posted a story on the club webpage about how Allied Express had delivered all the corporate tickets to their sponsors to ensure they had them for the 1st game of the season. Meanwhile a heap of supporters, including myself, had still yet to receive their season tickets that were ordered 6 months earlier. I lost it over that.

I really want more bang for my buck and I’ll pay more (not heaps though). I don’t have young kids so I couldn’t care less about fan days and meet the player stuff. How does the club make me feel part of something special? It doesn’t! Q and A evenings - never. Members functions - very few and usually only when we’re playing 1000km away.
I’d be happy to get together with a dozen forum members - chuck in a grand each and become a corporate. But we shouldn’t have to go that far.

Fair enough both of you guys, I don’t think being annoyed when their actions lead you to feel unvalued is unreasonable.

I just heard a news grab saying fans to return to NRL games next week. Waiting for details. Anyone know anything?

Yes I just heard that as well. No details yet.

@JD-Tiger said in Fans at footy next week?:

Fair enough both of you guys, I don’t think being annoyed when their actions lead you to feel unvalued is unreasonable.

Cheers! Not trying to start a hate session but I really want a better experience. Even game day is now garbage half the time

@JD-Tiger said in Fans at footy next week?:

Cheers! Not trying to start a hate session but I really want a better experience. Even game day is now garbage half the time

To be fair I think you’ll find that when crowds are allowed back members will get priority so there’s every chance your next in line.

Financially I’m guessing keeping corporate sponsors happy and inviting them back first is the smart move. We’d all love to be going to the footy again though.

I really want more bang for my buck and I’ll pay more (not heaps though). I don’t have young kids so I couldn’t care less about fan days and meet the player stuff. How does the club make me feel part of something special? It doesn’t! Q and A evenings - never. Members functions - very few and usually only when we’re playing 1000km away.
I’d be happy to get together with a dozen forum members - chuck in a grand each and become a corporate. But we shouldn’t have to go that far.

I will say, in response to my complaint the club really laid it on for my wife and I, they hosted us for a day at one of the ANZ home games. Cuzzo gave us a tour of ANZ early in the day, went into the media box, went into the dressing sheds and watched the team warmup from behind a 2 way mirror. Was out on the field for the onfield warmup and sat and watched the match from the front row of the players enclosure.

They actually repeated the effort the year before last after giving my seats away when I renewed my season tickets.

I will say, in response to my complaint the club really laid it on for my wife and I, they hosted us for a day at one of the ANZ home games. Cuzzo gave us a tour of ANZ early in the day, went into the media box, went into the dressing sheds and watched the team warmup from behind a 2 way mirror. Was out on the field for the onfield warmup and sat and watched the match from the front row of the players enclosure.

They actually repeated the effort the year before last after giving my seats away when I renewed my season tickets.

Nice mate. It’s just a bit of a hot topic for me

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.