Beat Titans...for a semi final spot

We all know our history.

9th spot…lost huge final round games, missed the 8 by a point or two.

We have a very tough final month if anyone looks at the draw. Final four we could play great and lose all four.

Reality is we have not missed the finals because of our final round games…reality is we have missed out as we have dropped multiple games to the Titans and Dogs. We have lost to them when they have been injury hit, lost to them when on long losing streaks, lost to them after we have had great prior weeks…you name it, we have done it.

Madge needs to make every single player in the team aware of this IMO.

These are the games, right now, that determine if you are a finals team or not. Win this and we are 3 and 1 and off to a great start.

Lose and we are 2 and 2, just another middle of the road team…and those final four rounds hanging over our heads all year.

Finals teams will beat this Titans team handily.

I think we are a finals team…let’s see.

Tigers 32-12.

Not Holbrook’s intention but dropping rep duo makes statement
Author
NRL.com
Timestamp
Sat 6 Jun 2020, 02:02 PM
Share on social media
Share via Facebook
Share via Twitter
Share via Reddit
Share via Email
Dumping representative duo Jarrod Wallace and Nathan Peats has made a statement around reputations not counting as much as form at the Titans even though Justin Holbrook said that was not necessarily his intention.

Wallace, a recent Maroons representative, and Peats, a former NSW hooker, have not been selected in the 17-man line-up for Sunday’s clash with the Wests Tigers in Brisbane.

The Titans slumped to a 0-3 record following their loss to North Queensland last weekend in Townsville.

“It was a hard decision [to leave out Nathan Peats and Jarrod Wallace], but I’m trying to pick our best 17 to play the Wests Tigers,” Holbrook said.

"I’m not trying to make a statement. Obviously in the games we’ve played we haven’t been good enough, so we’ve got to look at making changes to get the result we want.

“It’s nothing more than that, the boys have been training well and we just haven’t been playing well so I had to make some changes.”

Holbrook has faith in Clark to handle the starting dummy-half role.

“He’s worked so hard on his game all pre-season. It’s a bit of a second chance in the NRL for him. He brings a lot of energy to our side. I just want him to go out there and play that way.”

Titans v Wests Tigers - Round 4Titans v Wests Tigers - Round 4
Titans v Wests Tigers - Round 4
Even though the Wests Tigers won their last match over Cronulla, coach Michael Maguire wants to see improvement from his side on Sunday.

“We need to be better than where we were last week,” Maguire said after his side’s final training run on Saturday.

"It’s the same every week in the NRL – if you’re slightly not where you need to be you can get bitten. We’ve got to make sure we turn up with the right attitude and go to work like we did against Cronulla.

"We’re a club that needs to do better as well.

“If we want to look sideways at other clubs … we need to look at ourselves first. That’s the number one thing we are doing at the moment.”

@ElleryHanley said in Beat Titans...for a semi final spot:

We all know our history.

9th spot…lost huge final round games, missed the 8 by a point or two.

We have a very tough final month if anyone looks at the draw. Final four we could play great and lose all four.

Reality is we have not missed the finals because of our final round games…reality is we have missed out as we have dropped multiple games to the Titans and Dogs. We have lost to them when they have been injury hit, lost to them when on long losing streaks, lost to them after we have had great prior weeks…you name it, we have done it.

These are the games, right now, that determine if you are a finals team or not. Win this and we are 3 and 1 and off to a great start.

Lose and we are 2 and 2, just another middle of the road team…and those final four rounds hanging over our heads all year.

Finals teams will beat this Titans team handily.

I think we are a finals team…let’s see.

Tigers 32-12.

i agree

we win this

it gives us momentum, and we stay inside the 8 (for now)

Not just momentum, these are games top 8 teams will win. We can’t keep dropping these each year.

Well we win tomorrow we will be in 5th position, and if we play like the Roosters we will be in 4th.

If Maguire needs to do that…i’d say we’re screwed…

@Geo said in Beat Titans...for a semi final spot:

If Maguire needs to do that…i’d say we’re screwed…

Well, we historically have come out very ‘flat’ for these types of games. Lets hope that is addressed.

I think this game will show where we’re at. We need to put together a dominant 80 minute performance and really take it to the Titans. We all know the history and have been frustrated losing games that we should have won but if we really are going to be there in the finals, we need to win these games and win well.

Not just momentum, these are games top 8 teams will win. We can’t keep dropping these each year.

Although… Roosters lost to us in 2018 (a game top 8 teams should win) and then went on to win it all… but I agree, we need to win today.

I understand we are flying up, playing and returning to Sydney all on Sunday. My concern is that half the team will clock-off for the day before the game starts. This game is essential to making the eight but winning does not guarantee anything as we have tough games towards the end of the season. Take some paracetamol before arriving at the ground to reduce inflated temperatures caused by headphones and beanies.

No one else would have lost that today…repeat sets and 7 tackle sets gifted. A masterclass in how to bot close out a game.

Raiders next week (off a loss) and 2 and 3

Chasing the season yet again.

We won’t being playing finals footy.

You said it in your opening post. And here we are again. Inconsistent teams don’t make the finals.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.