Jennings and Brooks cost us

No. I won’t attribute the loss to the whole team.
It wasn’t a losing team effort.
It was because of two players that we lost.

It wasn’t the forward pack. They weren’t great but they were good.
It wasn’t the backs. They were solid. Not super quick or creative but solid.
It wasn’t our hookers or our 5/8.

It was down to two players Brooks and Jennings.
They cost us the game.
And it isn’t the first time either.
Liabilities.

Don’t have to be bloody Sherlock Holmes to work out why we suck.

What is Brookes deal? He may as well of not even laced the boots. Can he even play? is he not all there? Add Mbye to that list too. His career really is over.

For whatever reason yesterday my 11yo daughter was looking at WT player stats. She asked me who is Jennings. I asked her why. She said he makes alot of errors.
Out of the mouths of babes.

@NT_Tiger said in Jennings and Brooks cost us:

For whatever reason yesterday my 11yo daughter was looking at WT player stats. She asked me who is Jennings. I asked her why. She said he makes alot of errors.
Out of the mouths of babes.

Too bad Maguire never picked it up. Go for Scolari at least he isn’t small. He also has a heart which is much more than Jennings has.

AD should be on the list. He had a shocker positional play wise. His urgency, defense reads and callouts were non existent.

Jennings was terrible and just didn’t have a crack.

The refs also should have something to answer the missed knock on from proctor which titans got 6pts off and then the titans player touched the ball before it went across the line which was another 6pts

Our side had no shape in attack and was poorly organised in defence. I thought both Brooks and Marshall were average. Madge has to have along look at his 17 and the effectiveness of the bench. This side was never going to make the eight, but I thought a game like tonight they would really have some people talking…wrong

Going to be a long few weeks, especially a few of our better players might be in trouble for crusher tackles

You can bang on all you like about inability of our halfback or anyone else in our spine … but it’s an old problem.
If your forwards get dominated and outperformed then your attack is well and truly stuffed.

THe forward pack was good ??? Only Aloia made over 100m, Mikaele was out their for 50 minutes and made 6 runs - our big charging 20 yr old prop made 6 runs in 50 minutes.

Jennings was woeful under the high ball and that cost us but our pack didnt run hard enough all night except for Aloia

@boonboon said in Jennings and Brooks cost us:

THe forward pack was good ??? Only Aloia made over 100m, Mikaele was out their for 50 minutes and made 6 runs - our big charging 20 yr old prop made 6 runs in 50 minutes.

Jennings was woeful under the high ball and that cost us but our pack didnt run hard enough all night except for Aloia

What did happen to Mikaele???

Both should be hooked

I like our pack…but when the Titans pack got aggressive, ours wanted none of it.

Sadly.

There is no aggression in the pack they are pussies !

Its been like that for how many years now? Every time the Titans had the ball in their own quarter, they were carting it up at least close to our quarter line.

For us it was a struggle even to get out of our own quarter.

Issue is when the going gets tough, as someone said, everyone looks at the next bloke to do something.

@Tiger_heart said in Jennings and Brooks cost us:

Its been like that for how many years now? Every time the Titans had the ball in their own quarter, they were carting it up at least close to our quarter line.

For us it was a struggle even to get out of our own quarter.

Issue is when the going gets tough, as someone said, everyone looks at the next bloke to do something.

Look at the stats, the Tigers actually made more metres per set than the Titans. Also, we had alot less miss tackles. Where we were let down, was our defusal of their kicks, it was not good and penalties were 4-1 against us. Which meant Titans received more possession. That would point the finger at Jennings, however in the past, he has been the safer of our wingers, and that is probably why Thompson was dropped. We need a player who is currently in our top 30 who can catch a ball under pressure to play on the wing.

Zane Musgrove would of been handy last night.

Agree with the others claiming a lack of aggression.

last edited by The_Patriot

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.