Time to be honest? (For all of us)

Painful…but I was not as angry as I expected, you could see it coming.

Maybe we all need to start being honest about the team?

Brooks and Benji = a long, long, long established history of not closing out games. Repeat sets and 7 tackle sets gifted today. Almost a masterclass in how to lose a lead. Why will they ever change? There is nothing to suggest Brooksy will ever learn how to close out a game. It has been a long time. He is not a kid.

The wingers…crucial mistakes yet again when under pressure. No other teams has a pair who give the opposition so many gifts. This, again, has been happening for years. This is not a surprise at this point.

The pack…once the opposition gets vocal and starts hunting as a pack and back slapping each other, no one in our pack ‘ever’ takes it up at that moment. No one grins and says “boys, follow me”. Once a pack dominates us, we always go missing. We have a lot of guys who can post nice stats sometimes, but no one who says.

Goal kicking…again, easy pot shots missed.

Reality = today we played a team who had not won for a year /had half of them playing almost their first real mins all season / and we had big leads twice.

You just can’t lose these games, but we have made an art form of it.

This is not meant to sound negative. It is meant for us to maybe all be honest and sit down and work out what we need.

We need halves with real IQ (at least one)

****We need a pack leader…****someone who barks at the others and wants the dirty hit up.

And we need a goal kicker.

And we need much better wingers.

Being honest, can anyone really disagree?

last edited by ElleryHanley
👏

It’s not that big of a deal. We’re not that far from where we need to be. We are still carrying a few dud players which hurts us. Overall, the team is tracking alright.

The Titans played well today, let’s give them credit. They had fast line speed all game and did all of the extra effort plays. Good on them for getting their first win.

Reality is we’ve been churning out the same garbage for 20 years now. Coaches, boards and players have been turned over but nothing has changed. If we want to be honest with ourselves we’re probably the prime candidate for relocation. Pack them up, ship them to Perth and start again.

A week is a long time in footy

@ElleryHanley said in Time to be honest? (For all of us):

Brooks and Benji = a long, long, long established history of not closing out games. Repeat sets and 7 tackle sets gifted today. Almost a masterclass in how to lose a lead. Why will they ever change? There is nothing to suggest Brooksy will ever learn how to close out a game. It has been a long time. He is not a kid.

The wingers…crucial mistakes yet again when under pressure. No other teams has a pair who give the opposition so many gifts. This, again, has been happening for years. This is not a surprise at this point.

The pack…once the opposition gets vocal and starts hunting as a pack and back slapping each other, no one in our pack ‘ever’ takes it up at that moment. No one grins and says “boys, follow me”. Once a pack dominates us, we always go missing. We have a lot of guys who can post nice stats sometimes, but no one who says.

Reality = today we played a team who had not won for a year /had half of them playing almost their first real mins all season / and we had big leads twice.

This is not meant to sound negative. It is meant for us to maybe all be honest and sit down and work out what we need.

****We need a pack leader…****someone who barks at the others and wants the dirty hit up.

Mate that wS literally a few bad calls and some horrible wing plays that lost us the game . I think I could name 5 bad calls that killed our momentum. I thought Benji iced the game and I have never seen a messed up 50 metre restart be allowed to continue like that . The ball never passed the 40m. Also Jennings was beyond dismal . He can’t possibly keep his place after that .

@ElleryHanley said in Time to be honest? (For all of us):

Great post. Can you get a job at the WTs?

@Kazoo-Kid said in Time to be honest? (For all of us):

It’s not that big of a deal. We’re not that far from where we need to be. We are still carrying a few dud players which hurts us. Overall, the team is tracking alright.

The Titans played well today, let’s give them credit. They had fast line speed all game and did all of the extra effort plays. Good on them for getting their first win.

Agreed, foundations are nice…but the key mistakes are the same errors over and over.

I think it is time we accept this halves combo won’t steer a team to the finals. It just won’t happen.

I like them both, great blokes also…but I would almost toss a coin and drop one for Walters. The repeat sets and 7 tackle gifts were criminal today. We need at least one half who has some simple footy IQ.

@Geo said in Time to be honest? (For all of us):

Only when you get Beaten by a team that hasn’t won in 12 months.

Yep this was yet another reality check for this team that quite frankly still is very much work in progress.
I really think this Micky mouse season should be taken as good opportunity for us experiment and trial some young players.
Also problem with me is that we just don’t seem to have any ball players and/ or forwards that can create second phase attack.
Good example is Twal … player that is a workhorse but seems terrified to unload that ball to supports.
Today was another example where the forwards were dominated and our backs just were not given opportunity.

👍

The difference between good sides and bad sides, good sides find a way to win, even when they get bad calls, even when they are not firing on all cylinders. Bad sides find a way not to win.

Don’t get me wrong, we are slowly moving in the right direction, but tonight showed why we will once again fall short of the eight. Look at the eight as it stands now and seriously who will we dislodge

@the_third said in Time to be honest? (For all of us):

For Wests Tigers it seems 80 minutes is a long time in footy.

last edited by NT_Tiger

@NT_Tiger said in Time to be honest? (For all of us):

@the_third said in Time to be honest? (For all of us):

For Wests Tigers it seems 80 minutes is a long time in footy.

3 mins was a long time tonight

Excuses
Sick of them

👏

@Fraze23 said in Time to be honest? (For all of us):

Reality is we’ve been churning out the same garbage for 20 years now. Coaches, boards and players have been turned over but nothing has changed. If we want to be honest with ourselves we’re probably the prime candidate for relocation. Pack them up, ship them to Perth and start again.

I think the reason why Moses has grown a leg at Parra and Brooks has plateaued isn’t because one is the better player. I reckon a lot of it has to do with the system at this club. If Brooks moved to a strong club, he’d be flying.

Titans played well tonight, for the first time in a year because Wests Tigers were there to let them.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.