Storm, Wests Tigers, Rabbitohs to swoop on Saab

Storm, Wests Tigers, Rabbitohs poised to swoop on teenage Dragons star
By The Mole
29 minutes ago

Boom Dragons winger Jason Saab will request a release from his contract for a second time when he meets with club officials this week. Up to seven clubs are chasing Saab, who cannot make the Dragons’ top side.The struggling Dragons denied Saab’s application to be let out of his deal last week but the giant winger remains insistent. He has asked for a meeting with Dragons officials this week to put his case.

The Storm, Tigers and Rabbitohs are believed to be leading the hunt for the speedy winger.

Coach Paul McGregor has been using Zac Lomax, Jordan Pereira and Mikaele Ravalawa on the flanks in the early rounds in his search for his best wingers, with Saab left out in the cold.

Saab’s request is the latest blow for the Dragons in a nightmare start to the season.

The club has yet to win a game, star forward Tyson Frizell has agreed to join Newcastle next season and there is constant speculation over the future of the besieged McGregor.

The club has yet to win a game, star forward Tyson Frizell has agreed to join Newcastle next season and there is constant speculation over the future of the besieged McGregor.

Seeing as how Melbourne look like losing both wingers, and considering the fact they are Melbourne and we are us. I don’t like our chances.

@GNR4LIFE said in Storm, Wests Tigers, Rabbitohs to swoop on Saab:

Seeing as how Melbourne look like losing both wingers, and considering the fact they are Melbourne and we are us. I don’t like our chances.

Sadly I would say you are right, imagine being the roosters and being able to buy whoever you like when you like, never missing a player you are chasing

Storm are trying to keep Vunivalu and offload JAC to the Rabbits. Rabbits would not be after Saab. They already have Mitchell, Gagai, Johnstone, Jet, Campbell Graham and likely to get Addo Carr. They will want forwards.

Smarter play for us if Rabbits want him is to try to sign Gagai on a subsidised contract or Campbell Graham from the Rabbits.

The only way Saab would cone here is if once again we paid overs for an average player …
And so the merry-go-round continues 🙄

Well the reason he wants out is to play NRL. He probably won’t get a start at Melbourne or Souths this year. He may get a start at Melbourne next year but if he is looking to play NRL now he may come to us.

We are probably the best shot at getting Saab. We can give him NRL games straight away, Souths have plenty of wingers and storm have two really good wingers already.

All depends on whether dragons release him

@TYGA said in Storm, Wests Tigers, Rabbitohs to swoop on Saab:

Storm are trying to keep Vunivalu and offload JAC to the Rabbits. Rabbits would not be after Saab. They already have Mitchell, Gagai, Johnstone, Jet, Campbell Graham and likely to get Addo Carr. They will want forwards.

Smarter play for us if Rabbits want him is to try to sign Gagai on a subsidised contract or Campbell Graham from the Rabbits.

Graham is a decent player,Gagai is no better than who we should be getting rid of he is a very overpaid plodder

i think we are a huge shot and it does tie in well with thompson potentially going.

Saab for Thompson would be a big upgrade to me.

@Nasser said in Storm, Wests Tigers, Rabbitohs to swoop on Saab:

i think we are a huge shot and it does tie in well with thompson potentially going.

Massive upgrade

@JoshColeman99 said in Storm, Wests Tigers, Rabbitohs to swoop on Saab:

@Nasser said in Storm, Wests Tigers, Rabbitohs to swoop on Saab:

Massive upgrade

He is a fine player. My father watched him train and was very impressed with his skills and athleticism. I am sorry Thompson is leaving because after last night I would be happy to let Nofaloama go.

I wouldn’t be holding my breath.

@jadtiger said in Storm, Wests Tigers, Rabbitohs to swoop on Saab:

@TYGA said in Storm, Wests Tigers, Rabbitohs to swoop on Saab:

Graham is a decent player,Gagai is no better than who we should be getting rid of he is a very overpaid plodder

Except for when Gagai is playing SOO.

Madden, Blore, Stefano, Talau and Saab have all played with each other through junior rep sides. Also Talau and Saab went to the same school and are good mates. I think we’re a good chance of signing him.

We always talk about signing a player to fill a position where existing players are not performing, i agree that we then tend to pay over the odds then later we have that same player unable to perform is there designated position.

Mybe is a perfect example of this.

Others that we need to shed prior to new contracts are, sorry to say but love Benji but Marshall @ 35 can’t tackle and goal kicking why, Lawrence great servant but had his time, McQueen, Taylor, Jennings, Eisenhuth.
Any new contracts should only be for 2 years to co-inside with the coach’s review.
Ps i thought Madge’s game management last night was woeful.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.