Mbye last night

5 runs for 19 metres last night. Also had a game changing play when he takes a straight hit up 1m out and gets dragged in goal.

Keep in mind this guy is paid 30% more Ponga, and at roughly the same price as Tedesco.

Didn’t do much in attack but defended really well again.

If he wasn’t on big money no one would really care about his performances, and it’s not his fault he got paid so much. Blame Cleary and Pascoe

Watch Mbye when he was young and coming through…he had little footy IQ, but he ran like a real athlete, was incredibly evasive and had genuine speed.

All that stuff seems to have gone. In its place is a really solid defensive C.

It is hard to work out if his game has changed so much due to injuries or lack of energy / enthusiasm.

But, for a guy who used to run the ball at speed, he now rarely even goes looking for the ball in support.

Yep … very good defence but gun shy in attack.
But he is definitely not Capitan material.
Ahhhhh what I would give to see Tommy Raudonikis or Wayne Pearce in our team again with c next to their name.

@momo_amp_medo said in Mbye last night:

Ahhhhh what I would give to see Tommy Raudonikis or Wayne Pearce in our team again with c next to their name.

If Tommy or Pearce were in our team they would get sent off for knocking the other 16 guys out…

😂

@Nasser said in Mbye last night:

5 runs for 19 metres last night. Also had a game changing play when he takes a straight hit up 1m out and gets dragged in goal.

Keep in mind this guy is paid 30% more Ponga, and at roughly the same price as Tedesco.

Wasn’t given any ball, but I do take your point he wasn’t particularly involved in tough carries either.

Mbye not paid anything like Tedesco?

Tedesco is on a million bucks. This salary thing keeps coming up with Mbye, people seem to forget how little we paid for Mbye the first year or two when Doggies were subsidising his wage, so you need to take into account his average wage over the whole contract. People also forget we signed him in the middle of 2018 for a specific reason, and the dude that signed him is gone. So the money is irrelevant now, the question is “is he a first-grader and do we have better options?”

@Geo said in Mbye last night:

@momo_amp_medo said in Mbye last night:

If Tommy or Pearce were in our team they would get sent off for knocking the other 16 guys out…

No mate …would happen in the dressing room

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.