Bench

Aside from Billy Waters we have a huge issue with our bench. None of the other 3 players have offered anything for the past 2 weeks in my opinion.

We have given up 2 12 point head starts and a 10 point lead in 2 games. I know there are other reasons for that as well but our bench isn’t helping.

We need impact off the bench.

As well as Jennings needing to take a spell our bench needs a change. Musgrove is the first player I think of that needs to get a go.

I agree with this. Musgrove, MCK, ET, Walters should be our bench.

The other change I would make now is Talau on the wing for Jennings assuming Thompson is being released. We need to get the kid game time I’m sure he couldn’t do a worse job.

My bench would be Walters, Clark, Musgrove, Chee Kam.

@TYGA said in Bench:

The other change I would make now is Talau on the wing for Jennings assuming Thompson is being released. We need to get the kid game time I’m sure he couldn’t do a worse job.

Even if Musgrove isn’t the most fittest atm, surely he can play 25 minutes, with a 20 minute gap in the middle of that 25.

Clark tries hard but he just gets hammered every time he runs. Seyfarth may be ok in the future, but still not giving us much. Maguire also obviously has little confidence in Lawrence.

The problem with these 3 they are coming on and giving us no impact when they are fresh. This means all the impact has to come from fatigued players already on like Mikaele, Nofo etc.

Walters didn’t add anything last night, but last week he did. Would give him a few more games, than Madge can decide if he wants Harry for the entire 80.

@JD-Tiger said in Bench:

@TYGA said in Bench:

Even if Musgrove isn’t the most fittest atm, surely he can play 25 minutes, with a 20 minute gap in the middle of that 25.

or do what lawrence does at the end.

100% correct.

We have lost all momentum the past few games when Aloiai has gone off.

Clark and Seyfarth are both toilers, and you can’t have two on the bench like that. Neither dent the line at all.

Lawry is a starter or NOTHING. Madge can’t keep doing this…Lawry starts or he is gone.

He offers absolutely nothing coming off the bench. Tough call for a great club man, but it has to be made. Lawry starts or is gone.

@JD-Tiger said in Bench:

@TYGA said in Bench:

If you carry ET on the bench it can allow Twal to move to prop when Musgrove comes on to stiffen up the defence. Just get Musgrove to charge every time we have the ball for 20 minutes.

4 forwards on the bench, Grant to play 80, Walters in to the starting side, Clark, Seyfarth and Rowdy out of the 17

last edited by 851

Next week…Musgrove and ET at the expense of Lawrence and Seyfarth.

Chee-kam - Wins games off the Bench
Walters - Back up halves option or Hooker
Musgrove - Size and go forward
Renyolds - adds niggle and mongrel

Drop - Jennings
Add - Talau at Centre or Wing.
Mybe - To Wing ???

🤔

Got a feeling we’ll be seeing some changes to the bench.
Gotta have Che there at least

I don’t agree with Grant playing 80, we need fresh legs around the ruck and Walters is perfect for that or to cover anywhere in the backline.

I’d like to see Mbye put back to no1 only so Talau to get a run in the centres.
We need some spark and Mbye and Doo eeh are plodders

@Tigerbuck63 said in Bench:

Drop - Jennings
Mybe - To Wing ???

One prop and nobody that can play at lock, nah.

@formerguest said in Bench:

Drop - Jennings
Mybe - To Wing ???

Surely Chee-Kam can cover lock besides isnt Tawl now an 80 minute player as per Madge???

@formerguest said in Bench:

Drop - Jennings
Mybe - To Wing ???

Surely Chee-Kam can cover lock besides isnt Tawl now an 80 minute player as per Madge???

For mine, MCK hasn’t got the motor needed in the middle and the lock (say Taylor or Blore in the future) allows Twal to go into the prop rotation if you don’t have two props on the bench.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.