Opinions on players

Doueihi : he’s been strong so far this season, has already improved in 2 games at fullback as he looks strong in attack, but he’s also been caught out of position a few times against titans but his defence will get better with more games.

Nofo: Been great in attack this year also the top try scorer. Looks as though he is improved a lot this year hopefully he stays consistent. Although his attack is great his defence is below average especially with Joey on the inside of him.

Joey Leilua: has had a slow start to the season and much like nofo with his attack being decent but his defence is terrible. Always rushing out of the line when he shouldn’t be and he hasn’t gelled well with nofo.

Mbye: Honestly we need to move him on, Offers literally nothing in attack maybe just quick hands, He’s alright in defence and will make his tackle when he needs to but for 900k he should be offering way more considering we signed him to be a fullback.

Jennings: Never rated this guy even after the good season at souths, literally just walked over line with his tries. He can’t catch the high ball and cost us the match against titans. Very ordinary in attack and same with defence, literally just a body out there doesnt offer anything

Benji: I love benji but he’s too inconstant, One week he looks like one of the best players in the world, the next he looks like the age has caught up to him.

Brooks: Brooks finds it impossible to kick a ball through the defensive line like honestly every time he kicks it straight into a defenders leg. Can’t really manage a team but he’s one of the most damaging running halves in the nrl.

Aloiai: I rate him pretty highly brings a lot of energy in his runs. But being honest he’s not a game changer and definitely not a top level forward.

Grant: Bummer he will leave us next year, don’t keep your hopes up either storm wont let him stay. But he’s in everything in defence and has a great attacking game, him and brooks in a couple weeks could have a great combo.

Mikeale: Just another average player in the squad, He looks much bigger then last year and is a bit more damaging but didnt really see him do any thing against titans or sharks.

Garner: Has been very quiet this year and hardly takes any hit ups. But on a good day he can be very good. So will have to wait and see.

Lucy Leilua: Has looked good this year, madge has obviously made him lose wait and told him to work on his fitness and it has done him well. A good replacement for matterson even though he is not as good as matterson.

Twal: Our best forward really rate this guy, He’s a machine in defence and has improved his attacking a lot this year, makes decent metre’s every run and has made that many tackles this year. Could be a chance for origin if he keeps on improving in a year or two.

Walters: Really rate this guy gives his 100% every time he goes out there. Wouldn’t mind seeing him in the halves some where if benji and brooks don’t perform. Gives us energy though coming on with 20 mins left at the hooker position.

Clarke: Don’t rate him, just a good defender adds nothing in attack.

Seyfarth: Can’t really judge him but the last two games havn’t even realised if he was on the field or not, So take that how ever you want.

Lawrence: Useless, Too small to be a front rower and too slow to be a second rower. Give chee kam a go over him

last edited by Tigers_Tigers

Can’t argue with much of that, maybe a bit harsh on Rowdy.
For mine, Garner and Mikeale haven’t improved, we need more from them.

Mbye is like the Boyd of the Tigers, I feel we’re stuck with him, made him captain and he offers zilch.

@Hangonaminute said in Opinions on players:

Mbye is like the Boyd of the Tigers, I feel we’re stuck with him, made him captain and he offers zilch.

At least MBye is safe in defence,i doubt if anyone can claim that about Boyd

@jadtiger said in Opinions on players:

Agree, but the similarities between the two are what I’m pointing out.

Both being made Captain
Both on big $
Both teams really can’t shift them on
Both teams pretty much have to play them and would probably prefer to play someone else but can’t waste that much cap on a non starter.
Both not worth the $
Both out of form
Both barely NRL standard anymore

Yea I agree with mbye, kinda just stuck with him on the team

Surely you agree with rowdy being useless though adds basically nothing to the team

Would be interesting to hear people’s opinions on other teams players both the Glamour Clubs, Middle’s of the packs and the also rans…

@Geo said in Opinions on players:

Would be interesting to hear people’s opinions on other teams players both the Glamour Clubs, Middle’s of the packs and the also rans…

Yea i agree so how we compare to them

@Tigers_Tigers said in Opinions on players:

I think so…I think we often over rate or under rate our players …you often hear our blokes wouldn’t make 1st grade at any other Club etc etc…

Using the much maligned Brooks …I wonder if Dragons fans were prefer him over say Ben Hunt or our fans prefer Ben Hunt over Brooks…remembering Hunt is an origin player…or a Storm fan prefer Brooks over Jerome Hughes our we prefer Hughes over Brooks

last edited by Geo

Love Grants service from Dummy Half…passes the ball out on front, to the chest.

Unfortunately the attack switches to the other side of our defence to score the inevitable tries. I really cannot understand why changes were not made by Maguire to our right centre and wing. We should have sent JL to the Storm with Momo playing right centre.

@pawsandclaws1 said in Opinions on players:

Unfortunately the attack switches to the other side of our defence to score the inevitable tries. I really cannot understand why changes were not made by Maguire to our right centre and wing. We should have sent JL to the Storm with Momo playing right centre.

Grub is replacing the main defensive problem, however both he and Benji have one identical problem and that is rushing out of the line causing the RHS to collapse.I am sure Madge has been in grubs ear about that and i hope he has been listening

I think so…I think we often over rate or under rate our players …you often hear our blokes wouldn’t make 1st grade at any other Club etc etc…

Using the much maligned Brooks …I wonder if Dragons fans were prefer him over say Ben Hunt or our fans prefer Ben Hunt over Brooks…remembering Hunt is an origin player…or a Storm fan prefer Brooks over Jerome Hughes our we prefer Hughes over Brooks

I would have Brooks over ben hunt any day of the week especially in this form atm. And I see jahrome hughes more as a fullback then a half back.

I agree with everything you say apart from Brooks. He is useless and has been since he unfortunately cemented his spot in this side. Marshall battles at times but I would have kept him instead of Brooks this week.
I have been saying for years that he will never get better and this is the reason he accepted the first offer years ago. The sooner we can offload him the better. He is and has always been an average half back at best. How he got the Dally M half back of the year beggars belief.

I would have Brooks over ben hunt any day of the week especially in this form atm. And I see jahrome hughes more as a fullback then a half back.

Not only on ability but contract value.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme