Wests Tigers Team v Canberra Rd 5

Wests Tigers Coach Michael Maguire has made a number of changes for his side’s Round 5 clash against the Canberra Raiders at Campbelltown Sports Stadium on Saturday night.

After a last-start defeat to the Gold Coast Titans in Round 4, Wests Tigers will field a new-look halves combination in Round 5 with Josh Reynolds returning to the side at five-eighth alongside halfback Luke Brooks.

Tommy Talau and Russell Packer will both play their first games of the year, while Zane Musgrove also returns to the starting side with Thomas Mikaele shifting back to the bench.

Michael Chee Kam joins the side for his first game since Round 2 while veteran forward Chris Lawrence moves in to the run-on side in place of Luke Garner.

Benji Marshall, Billy Walters, Corey Thompson join Luke Garner as reserves in the 21-man squad, which will be reduced to 19 players at 7:35pm, Friday.

Final team lists will be confirmed one hour prior to kickoff (6:35pm, Saturday).

1 Adam Doueihi
2 David Nofoaluma
3 BJ Leilua
4 Moses Mbye
5 Tommy Talau

6 Josh Reynolds
7 Luke Brooks

8 Josh Aloiai
9 Harry Grant
10 Zane Musgrove
11 Luciano Leilua
12 Chris Lawrence
13 Alex Twal

14 Thomas Mikaele
15 Russell Packer
16 Micheal Chee-Kam
17 Alex Seyfarth

18 Benji Marshall
19 Billy Walters
20 Luke Garner
21 Corey Thompson

last edited by Geo
👍👏

Madge has balls big ones

Lawrence in for a starting spot, that’s surprising.

Anyway, good to see Madge putting his foot down.

Woah
Let’s go lads! I like it.
Hopefully Reynolds brings The ruckus

@Tweed_Tiger said in Wests Tigers Team v Canberra Rd 5:

Madge has balls big ones

I am hyped

Finally a coach who has the balls to do it

I’m worried about Talau. They will be kicking to his wing all game.

What a great bench…now lets see if this team can finally perform a full 80 minutes of pressure football…
good to see Madge has the guts and fortitude to make the changes that many said he wouldn’t…

Most of it I like. Not convinced about Lawrence. Hopefully some of them have an attitude tune up.

Well if the halves don’t perform this week surely Brooks will be dropped 🤬

Lawrence over Garner is a deadset stitch up

Good to see Reynolds Talau and cheeks get a run …packer as well !

Hopefully Jennings has applied for a gig at Bunnings…good riddance !

last edited by hobbo1

Certainly no complaints from me.I may not agree with all the selections but obviously Madge has picked player who he believes will listen and respond to what he wants

I see that Jennings is where he is meant to be in the team lineup……….NOWHERE…

Russel are you happy…😊 😊

last edited by TrueTiger

Last time Marshall was dropped so was the coach soon after…

Players night on 360 too…

Lets see how these guys respond…defining moment not just for the season…hope it works…

@Madge said in Wests Tigers Team v Canberra Rd 5:

I’m worried about Talau. They will be kicking to his wing all game.

Can’t be any worse than them kicking to Jennings

I’d still rather have Walters in there. I know the emergency plan is Mbye to hooker and Chee-Kam to the centres but I don’t think it would hurt to have him there too.

With 3 of Aloiai, Musgrove, Mikaele, Packer and Twal on the field at all times I can’t see us getting rolled in the middle by many teams.

Throw Walters in for Seyfarth and Garner in for Lawrence (on the left edge with Brooks) and that’s close to as good as we can line-up I think.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.