We need a captain

Moses invisible all night.

A couple of clear calls he should have challenged.

With this new rule you basically have to have your captain in the middle of the field.

Can someone explain exactly why Madge made him captain? I honestly can’t work it out.

Your leader sets the tone.

Every dropped ball and error we made tonight he was nowhere to be seen talking or revving anyone up.

I have never, ever, seen a captain so passive in my 40 years watching footy.

And a goal kicker

@mike said in We need a captain:

And a goal kicker

And a centre

@Bones said in We need a captain:

@mike said in We need a captain:

And a goal kicker

And a centre

Talau for mine.

@ElleryHanley said in We need a captain:

Moses invisible all night.

A couple of clear calls he should have challenged.

With this new rule you basically have to have your captain in the middle of the field.

Can someone explain exactly why Madge made him captain? I honestly can’t work it out.

Your leader sets the tone.

Every dropped ball and error we made tonight he was nowhere to be seen talking or revving anyone up.

I have never, ever, seen a captain so passive in my 40 years watching footy.

Punters bagged Farah but at least he was a leader !

Mbye is a pussy

He’s crap. He offers absolutely nothing. Some may say he defends well, well so what, that’s a common skill. The captaincy needs to be given to someone else asap. He should also be shopped around to the ESL.

Maybe the ref would of let us challenge if captain was Packer 🤣

Agree. We need a captain that talks on the field and fires up the team and isn’t afraid to question the ref when warranted.
You need a strong voice to settle and regroup a team when the calls don’t go their way, which feels like all the time for us.
Ps yeah a real goal kicker would be a good move too.

To be clear, I am not blaming Moses.

He just is not an alpha male.

I just want to know what on earth Madge is thinking when he chose him.

We have a captain who is not an alpha male AND a half back who is not…a passive 7 and a passive captain. We should all just pause for a bit and think about that. The captain and the 7 set the tone.

We seem to have a team of laid back Lenny’s. A captain who speaks really well off the field, but is too lax to talk or challenge anything on the field, a halfback who is too shy to take control of the side and lead, a big lug of a centre who plays like he’d rather be posting pics on social media, a couple of forwards, who are all round nice guys but play with little or no aggression. I swear the team looks and plays like they’ve all been on the peace pipe before some matches 😂

@GNR4LIFE said in We need a captain:

Should be Twal

He seems quiet as well …

@hobbo1 said in We need a captain:

Should be Twal

He seems quiet as well …

Yes he would lead by his actions, but he’s seems pretty mute out there.

Maybe we could get Marcel Marceau to captain the team…oh that’s right he already does!

😂

@Spud_Murphy said in We need a captain:

@hobbo1 said in We need a captain:

Should be Twal

He seems quiet as well …

Yes he would lead by his actions, but he’s seems pretty mute out there.

Maybe we could get Marcel Marceau to captain the team…oh that’s right he already does!

Marcel Marceau would do a better imitation of a footballer than Mbye. Can’t wait until he is off our books. Only another 4 or 5 years👴

😧

@ElleryHanley said in We need a captain:

To be clear, I am not blaming Moses.

He just is not an alpha male.

I just want to know what on earth Madge is thinking when he chose him.

We have a captain who is not an alpha male AND a half back who is not…a passive 7 and a passive captain. We should all just pause for a bit and think about that. The captain and the 7 set the tone.

I agree we need a better leader from the outside looking in but tbh I don’t think we have a follow me type player in Club …maybe Reynolds…

As for setting the tone not sure I agree it has to be the 7 either…probably only DCE fits that mode…maybe Slimey but he has a lot to work with…

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.