Attack Coach

Who looks after our attack?

I’m no expert, but BJ and Lucy don’t seem to be getting the early ball they need to be devastating.

It doesn’t even look like we have any set pieces to test out our opponents.

I’m surprised BJ hasn’t got frost bite.
He has not had any decent ball distributed to him at all.

He is a weapon and our halves don’t know how to use him.

We’ve scored 20+ points a game bar one against the best defensive team in the comp. Our attack isn’t perfect but it’s not the issue.

I may be wrong but it seems to me that Madge has put the attack on hold to a certain extent, i.e. very few offloads and hardly any ball going across the backline (hence no good ball to Joey and Mbye).

It’s like he is trying to play it safe, don’t make mistakes, don’t give away penalties (difficult with the Ref we had), concentrate on defence - one out hit ups, kick to the corners on tackle 4 or 5 and keep them down there. It was like that last night anyway.

Maybe it is get his right and then we will open it up a bit.

Thought this thread title was an instruction to forum members

Our bigger problem has been silly mistakes and penalties, with some soft defence thrown in.

Thought they aimed up well in defence last night. Last night was some dumb penalties in a real tough grind.

Last night was a great game to watch, the best defensive game this year.

Canberra took their chances and got the win, we were in it for 80.

PS 5 changes to last week our attack was never going to be 100%.

Benji in for Packer and Garner possibly.

last edited by Tweed_Tiger

@Tiger_Steve said in Attack Coach:

Me and Hobbo had grabbed our torches and pitchforks lol

Just jokes Madge …hard to make Gold from dust and water

@Russell said in Attack Coach:

I may be wrong but it seems to me that Madge has put the attack on hold to a certain extent, i.e. very few offloads and hardly any ball going across the backline (hence no good ball to Joey and Mbye).

It’s like he is trying to play it safe, don’t make mistakes, don’t give away penalties (difficult with the Ref we had), concentrate on defence - one out hit ups, kick to the corners on tackle 4 or 5 and keep them down there. It was like that last night anyway.

Yes I get same … establish solid basics & safety first, no offloads etc. Is an age old approach when you don’t have much confidence in your squads abilities.
And I suppose I don’t blame him with this squad all on P plates.

@momo_amp_medo said in Attack Coach:

Yes I get same … establish solid basics & safety first, no offloads etc. Is an age old approach when you don’t have much confidence in your squads abilities.

Yeah agree , but it makes it hard to turn it on when you need to chase points

@momo_amp_medo said in Attack Coach:

Madgeball …

It has already started to simmer…2 weeks more and it will be a full blown fire…

Webster shares the roll with Madge…

😂

Makes sense mate

Feels like Taylor 2.0

It’s obvious he’s trying to turn us into a kick to the corners defensive team that builds pressure with our defence and capitalises on mistakes.
Only problem is

We are the Weststigers

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.