Benji ...next week ??

Hooper said on the NRL site that he reckons Benji is next to no chance of being in the team next week…
Benji has the most missed tackles in the NRL and Madge builds his teams on strong defensive structures…
Madge won a title with the Rabbits with a very strong defencive structure…Hoops could be onto something…

source official NRL site…

If Benji replaces Grub after the effort Grub put in yesterday I will have lost all faith in Madge, Brooks on the other hand is in serious danger of being dropped, that second half effort was very poor, I would bring Walters in for Brooks.

Dream on. 9th spot looking good again. Too much dead wood Brooks,Reynolds,Packer Douile can’t tackle has not saved a try at fullback yet. What a joke

Happy for Marshall to be on the bench or Walters for that matter. We needed some zip yesterday instead we had Packer who added nothing was bludging out on the wing after 3 minutes.

Replace Packer with Benji

Brooks and Reynolds make up about 16% of our cap, so maybe we should make them play and earn it.

@sheer64 said in Benji ...next week ??:

Brooks and Reynolds make up about 16% of our cap, so maybe we should make them play and earn it.

Im all for Grub staying in the side,at least he was trying to get the ball moving along the backline,when he did they looked ok…
Reynolds kicks were pretty good as well,he defended good last night…
Lets hope the team that played last night get to have another crack albeit Madge might wield the axe again…I will give Brooks the benefit of the doubt,only because of the chopping and changing of some of the players,but he must show greater improvement next week in regard to getting the ball moving and controlling the game and team or that’s it for me with him…

I thought we looked very, very pedestrian in attack. I think he has to come back and take Brooks’ spot With him and Grub playing in the halves.

Canberra was just as ordinary in attack and they have strike all over the park. It was a good hard fought defensive game in dewy conditions that didn’t lend for an open attacking game. After some of the schlackings we have copped from Canberra in recent times it’s hard to be critical of last night’s performance - bar Packer who contributed zip.

@Slickone said in Benji ...next week ??:

Dream on. 9th spot looking good again. Too much dead wood Brooks,Reynolds,Packer Douile can’t tackle has not saved a try at fullback yet. What a joke

9th will be an overachievement

@Telltails said in Benji ...next week ??:

Canberra was just as ordinary in attack and they have strike all over the park. It was a good hard fought defensive game in dewy conditions that didn’t lend for an open attacking game. After some of the schlackings we have copped from Canberra in recent times it’s hard to be critical of last night’s performance - bar Packer who contributed zip.

'This - all the criticisms about our attack the premiership favourites scored 2 tries - a barge over and a lucky bouncing grubber with 52% of the ball. The conditions were very greasey and dewey which Ricky Stuart called out as the effect on both sides attacks.

We had been letting in 25 points per game against some of the weaker sides in the comp and all of a sudden we held the favourites to 14. That was the type of game but also great defence.

Benji is no chance next week as he has been the defensive weakness even though that attack has been exciting.

Brooks hasn’t been taking the line on as much - last year he lead the comp for line engaged stat and isn’t anywhere near it yet which prob reflects still getting his confidence back from injuries

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.